Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Ultimate "why don't they make a" why don't they make a.....thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Wondering why there’s no model kit of car/truck, x,y,z, here’s you chance to be heard, list as many as you’d like, BUT also do say WHY you want it!

Tread inspired by John Shoe Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021 - Page 9 - Car Kit News & Reviews - Model Cars Magazine Forum don't kill me Joe, Ha!

BTW It's weekend, so let's go nuts!

;)

Edited by Luc Janssens

1. A split window vw bug, the oval and later ones have been done but the split is sadly lacking. It could come with options to do a wartime bug or a civilian up til 1949 and it wouldn't need anything chromed. Include 2 sets of bumpers and you have a 2 in 1 stock kit. If it were to be done I think hasegawa are idealy placed to do it as they could use their 1/24 kubelwagen for many of the parts and they already have a curbside bug that the body could be modified on to suit. They could also do a fantasy race version with the driver named Ivan Hirst (bonus point if you know that reference)

Edited by stitchdup

What’s new for Round 2 this year? (Had to do it😎)

I want Grandpa Dammits dead base Woodill Wildfire. 
Also would like Maserati A6GCS Zagato coupe because stunning great race car. Buick Y-Job curbside since first styling exercise by GM. 
And a 68 Coronet just to put in here before anyone else. Lol

Edited by keyser

I'll crack a bottle of expensive champagne over this ship...

1.) MPC 1978 Chevy Pickup . For this matter it could be a 1973-1987 ( I prefer '73-'80 ) , and have two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive building options . Additionally , it could be released in both SWB and LWB iterations ; step-side and fleet-side ( hope that I have the proper nomenclature for G.M.'s pickup beds... ) . 

2.) 1970-1972 El Camino & 1971-1972 GMC Sprint . C'mon , guys ! Why hasn't anyone produced one of these yet ??

3.) 1971-1972 Demon . All-new , please ! 

4.) 1980-1986 F-Series . All-new ; and , like the Chevy , offer 2WD and 4WD options .

5.) 1968 Chevy II . Make it available with the L-79 , 350 , and 396 engines ; TH-400 option for the 350 & 396 .

6.) 1970 Nova Yenko Deuce . Both 4-speed and TH-400 options .

7.) 1991-1992 ; 1993-1994 ; 1995-1996 9C1 Caprice . The Revell '91 / '92 is a good basis for this iconic police car . 

8.) 1998-2011 Crown Victoria CVPI . Offer it in 'blank' form ; bench seat and bucket seats options .

That's for now .

4 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

7.) 1991-1992 ; 1993-1994 ; 1995-1996 9C1 Caprice . The Revell '91 / '92 is a good basis for this iconic police car . 

8.) 1998-2011 Crown Victoria CVPI . Offer it in 'blank' form ; bench seat and bucket seats options .

That's for now .

OK, I'll dream really big on those two:  make the front door trim pieces separate parts.  We can add them for a stocker, or leave them off for a police car.

The box art for Lindberg's pre-painted Crown Vics show those trim pieces missing.  The kit has them molded in. It takes some VERY careful chiseling/sanding to get rid of the trim, then the doors have to be re-painted. Without ruining the rest of the pre-painted body. 

8 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

OK, I'll dream really big on those two:  make the front door trim pieces separate parts.  We can add them for a stocker, or leave them off for a police car.

The box art for Lindberg's pre-painted Crown Vics show those trim pieces missing.  The kit has them molded in. It takes some VERY careful chiseling/sanding to get rid of the trim, then the doors have to be re-painted. Without ruining the rest of the pre-painted body. 

I like that idea a lot . I remember knowing when LAPD was decommissioning cars for auction , as their garages would order a grip of the front doors' trim ( the CVPI's part numbers started with 'F2AZ' , 'F6AZ' , and 'F8AZ' , for 1992 , 1996 , and 1998 respectively . ) . I don't , however , recall GM's part numbers for the 1991-1996 Caprice 9C1s -- oftentimes , those cars would get wheel covers or hubcaps ( depending ) ; the CVPI's were constantly getting replacement mirrors , front bumper cover , rear bumper cover , headlamps , corner lamps , tail lamps , and intake manifolds ( prior to the upgraded & superceded aluminium crossover design of c.2002 ) . 

British cars of the 50's 60's 70's and 80's. There's a few out there like the E-Type Jag and Range Rover, but how many of us owned one of those? There are some 1:32 old Airfix models of more common cars but they're getting harder and harder to find these days. I'd really like to see some of the more popular cars like the Ford Cortina, Ford Sierra, Vauxhall Cavalier, Morris Marina, Vauxhall Viva, Hillman Avenger, etc. They were extremely popular cars in the day. My wallet would be screaming mercy if those were made in 1:25 scale!

Something new or modified in 1/8 scale. For a new kit, a current Camaro/Challenger/Mustang. Maybe a ‘57 Chevy. 1969 Camaro. 

Modified reissue: 1963 Corvette. The split window is a classic. 1967 427 Corvette is also a classic.
1929 Ford roadster on the Big Deuce rails. The flathead is great, but another new engine would be cool, too. Lots of options for old school engines; early Hemi, OHV Cadillac, Nailhead Buick, Jaguar 3.8 liter inline six with side draft Webers. A modern EFI engine would be cool, too. A Ford mod motor or Coyote with optional supercharger would look pretty cool in that small engine compartment. 

A 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan would be cool, too. 

I’m daydreaming, but it’s subjects that I think could sell. Of course I’m not a mind reader, nor can I see the future. 

Edited by LDO

Just a couple this time:

A decent kit of an Auburn speedster.   Full sized replicas have been produced multiple times, and they can be counted on to appear whenever Hollywood needs to set something in the 1930s, so there has to be a demand for a model.

Any Figoni & Falaschi custom bodied classic.   Everyone knows the look, even if they don't know the name.  Classic car guys love them, hot rodders love them.  Heller already has a stock Delage, Delahaye and TalbotLago, so moulds already exist for the chassis.

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Wondering why there’s no model kit of car/truck, x,y,z, here’s you chance to be heard, list as many as you’d like, BUT also do say WHY you want it!

Tread inspired by John Shoe Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021 - Page 9 - Car Kit News & Reviews - Model Cars Magazine Forum don't kill me Joe, Ha!

BTW It's weekend, so let's go nuts!

;)

Luc, do you mean "thread"? 

1968-69 Buick Skyark/Special/GS. Great little hardtop or coupe. My Grandfather had a 69 Skylark Custom (new) and I had a 69 Special Deluxe coupe (used). Best looking cars of the intermediate class.

The addition of Canadian trim to any of the American cars that had it. Beaumont, Acadian, Canso for the GMs and Rideau, Meteor for Ford plus Mercury pickup trucks, and Fargo for Dodge trucks.

• Luc Janssens changed the title to The Ultimate "why don't they make a" why don't they make a.....thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see a well done '67-'68 Cougar. Use a platform style chassis plate and core so that all that would need changed would be the body, interior panels, seats and dash. The changes on the body and dash would be minimal. Do one year with a BBF and 4 speed. The other with a SBF and automatic. 

Soap Box; again.  OK, Round 2.  You've got the rights to the Shelby 289 (actually 260) Cobra.  The molds are circa 1963 and have been in near-constant release since then so they have to be getting worn!  How about a proper, up to date 289 Cobra.  You could make different versions all the way from a (fairly) sedate "secretary/girlfriend" version-that's the way they were marketed so don't get mad at me-with whitewalls and wire wheels to a firebreathing USRRC/FIA version with Weber carbs and Halibrand wheels.  To say nothing of drag versions, cutback doors, hardtops, as many wheel options as you could think.  Just do it, you know you want to.

2 hours ago, Paul Payne said:

I started a similar thread about cars that were never kitted but we wish were. Maybe combine?

There are many threads similar to yours and mine, therefore probably that John Shoe hinted towards adding a specific section to group all these kinds of wish-lists.

Edited by Luc Janssens

Interesting that year in and year out, the top selling vehicle in America is the standard Ford F-series pickups, but other than the 2017 Raptor snap model kit, no model company has issued a current model year, full detail kit of any Ford / GM/ Ram pickup.  In 2020, the Ford F-series was the #1 selling vehicle in the US, with the Chevy Silverado pickup #2, and the Ram pickup #3!  In 2021 so far the Ford F-series #1, Ram #2,and Silverado #3. Where are the kits?