Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021

Casey

49 minutes ago, keyser said:

64 Ford tow car is a Galaxie. Big Fords were all Galaxies 62- on, 59-61 was top trim level. 

Though a 64 Fairlane ht would be nice. NGH. 

Whoops, that's what I get for typing straight out of waking up...let me fix that.

18 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Whoops, that's what I get for typing straight out of waking up...let me fix that.

I know you knew that. Lol. Becuz Racecars. 
Ford Total Performance. 
F1, Indy, LM, USRRC, NASCAR, NHRA,….

359EB933-D7E3-4C7B-BE66-08955C2D6509.jpeg

A9256183-CB78-454B-A9D3-2E4EFF728D3A.jpeg

Edited by keyser
Pics

I would want a couple of the Taxi's just for the Boss 429 engine. Don't normally collect die Cast but I will be getting a couple of the '61 Catalinas because I think they're a neat looking 1:1 Car.  

1 hour ago, keyser said:

I know you knew that. Lol. Becuz Racecars. 
Ford Total Performance. 
F1, Indy, LM, USRRC, NASCAR, NHRA,….

What makes it more lulz is I had looked up the box art to make sure I got the name right, because "Cal Drag Combo" is pretty vague even if it is the original name.  It's clearly a Galaxie staring at me, and it says Galaxie on the box...

BTW for anyone who's interested apparently they've added a new hitch for the trailer...

So does anybody know if the AMT '69 Daytona Postage Stamp Edition kit is essentially the same (meaning as crappy as) as the MPC '69 Daytona kit that was at Ollie's for $9.99 a couple of years ago? I'm assuming it's at least the same as the older box art versions.

s-l500.jpg

s-l640.jpg

91VWYLPGBlL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Since the Arnie Beswick '69 GTO funny car was reissued recently, maybe we will see a retooled '69 GTO with and without hidden headlights, and the available Judge package.  It's also time to restore the '66 GS tool and also tool a '67 GS.  The GS is probably the most under-represented muscle car from that era.   

All,

Somewhere along the line (I am not going to go thru the entire thread) you guys went way off topic again. I am not sure why we, as a group, can't focus on the topic at hand or start a new one when a random thought jumps into our heads, but the OP has asked that I remove the entire thread. I am not going to do that as there is still a lot of good information mixed in here. In the future, please make an attempt to remain on topic. These long threads, with long runs of off-topic discussions, are the scourge of this board. Folks do not have the patience to read thru all the "junk" or "I wish they...." posts to get to the information they are looking for.

3 hours ago, Xingu said:

Folks do not have the patience to read thru all the... "I wish they...." posts to get to the information they are looking for.

So true. And the numerous "Why don't they make a ___________" threads (and every clever variant of the theme) are getting tedious too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Why don't they make a Why Don't They Make _________ section of the forum ?

😁 🙃

You asked for it, do hope you will find a way to cope with what you unleashed ;)

The Ultimate "why don't they make a" why don't they make a.....tread!!!!!!!!!!! - General Automotive Talk (Trucks and Cars) - Model Cars Magazine Forum

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xingu said:

All,

Somewhere along the line (I am not going to go thru the entire thread) you guys went way off topic again. I am not sure why we, as a group, can't focus on the topic at hand or start a new one when a random thought jumps into our heads, but the OP has asked that I remove the entire thread. I am not going to do that as there is still a lot of good information mixed in here. In the future, please make an attempt to remain on topic. These long threads, with long runs of off-topic discussions, are the scourge of this board. 

But why?  It’s a conversation. The participants are happy and having fun. Nobody mentioned religion or politics...

From my chair, as long as we’re entertained, not acting up, and are racking up those advertising credits, all should be well..  😀 Smile! Be Happy!

• Like 1

Typing over each other’s posts would make it like a real conversation. Upside of a thread. Lol. 
See my sig for funniest thing posted here. Laughed a lot. X has to be happy with line like that, and I don’t know him. 

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

Conspiracy is one-part theory . *WiNk* 

I was thinking in terms of --- I don't know the proper nomenclature for them --- a separate 'headline' under the same 'section' as "Welcome , Introduce Yourself" or "Tips and Tricks" , etc. 

6 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Conspiracy is one-part theory . *WiNk* 

I was thinking in terms of --- I don't know the proper nomenclature for them --- a separate 'headline' under the same 'section' as "Welcome , Introduce Yourself" or "Tips and Tricks" , etc. 

It was the next best thing, cuz don't have the magical powers Michael has :)

Edited by Luc Janssens

39 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

But why?  It’s a conversation. The participants are happy and having fun. Nobody mentioned religion or politics...

From my chair, as long as we’re entertained, not acting up, and are racking up those advertising credits, all should be well..  😀 Smile! Be Happy!

That is why none of the posts were removed, but at least have a little respect the OP of this and many, many, many, many other threads and keep discussions close to the intent it was created for.

So by your reasoning Tom, it is OK for all the other members here to go to one of your, or anyone else's, Under Glass threads and post all about their builds. Even if it isn't the same make, model or by the same manufacturer as yours. We have to draw lines somewhere.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Mobius can fix that!!!

for sure or maybe model king. im just very surprised they used the car pulling the car. 

Although i build car kits, i prefer to build truck kits. honestly, for me sometimes nice box art is just as interesting for me to look at as building the kit. regardless of what truck was chosen, i would have bought this if they had a truck pulling it. 

Edited by youpey

On 6/2/2021 at 7:03 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

So does anybody know if the AMT '69 Daytona Postage Stamp Edition kit is essentially the same (meaning as crappy as) as the MPC '69 Daytona kit that was at Ollie's for $9.99 a couple of years ago? I'm assuming it's at least the same as the older box art versions.

I bet Round 2 is DELIGHTED that Ollies has this same kit for $9.99 again right now, just as they're releasing theirs...

That said, theirs has the cool tin and art...