Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021

Casey

4 hours ago, michelle said:

i wish i could find alot of those customizing parts for the 68-74 chargers  like the grilles and hoods and bumpers and custom roof parts so i could use them on the modern issue charger kits from both round 2 and revell 

me too, I'd love to have the custom nose and rear bumper off of the 72 Roadrunner kit. 

1 hour ago, MrHemi1971 said:

me too, I'd love to have the custom nose and rear bumper off of the 72 Roadrunner kit. 

wern't those custom parts based off the plymouth rts custom show car 

Edited by michelle

Easiest way to tell the "Super Charger" reissue from an annual is the fender openings. 

The annuals had a character line around the wheel openings. This was smoothed off for the NASCAR version and not replaced when the kit was restored.

CHARGER Catalogue-

image.jpeg.207db7ad4d2dcb77fbfe6176e9b60c0b.jpeg

17 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Easiest way to tell the "Super Charger" reissue from an annual is the fender openings. 

The annuals had a character line around the wheel openings. This was smoothed off for the NASCAR version and not replaced when the kit was restored.

CHARGER Catalogue-

image.jpeg.207db7ad4d2dcb77fbfe6176e9b60c0b.jpeg

Is the Super Charger based off the 74 Charger!

After that IH COE, I'm betting the next big release will be a recreation and upgrades where needed, of one of the 1958-'62 annuals that don't have any extant moulds.

My guess is it'll be either a 1958-'60 Lincoln, or the '58 Ford. Both seem to be fairly popular on eBay. I also wouldn't be shocked to see a Buick or Pontiac.

Charlie Larkin

15 hours ago, slusher said:

Is the Super Charger based off the 74 Charger!

15 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Yes. The body was used to make a couple NASCAR kits and kinda restored back to almost stock in the early '80s.

this is the kit i am refering to  
and is a partial repop  of the original customizing kit   as it has most of the same parts minus the panel wagon roof   peice   but had the custom front end piece  and the option hood scoop 

1974chargerrallye-1.jpg

725-1.jpg

Edited by michelle

On 5/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Can-Con said:

here is one of those mpc super charger dodge muscle car kits i recently redid i scratchbuilt the hood and the opera windows since i wanted a se version not the rallye version 

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

4 hours ago, Can-Con said:

This is my original '74. Hopefully, you can see the character lines around the wheel openings in this shot.

153 5395

mine had those also but  i had to sand away so much paint 2 different times  first time when i first redid the  car as it was a rebuilder  and the second time more recently   that they got lost 

18 hours ago, michelle said:

here is one of those mpc super charger dodge muscle car kits i recently redid i scratchbuilt the hood and the opera windows since i wanted a se version not the rallye version 

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

Nice color Michelle!  I remember a black one that sat on our street in Chicago. I really liked that Charger and it had mag wheels..

Actual June releases...

Ford Courier "Minivan"

Ford Galaxie Taxi

Cal Drag Combo (Galaxie, Falcon, Trailer)

International Transtar 4070-A

Turbine Engine Parts Pack

Firestone 500 Drag Slick Parts Pack

Edited by niteowl7710