Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped '32 Tudor Sedan hot rod

Rocking Rodney Rat

Howdy campers! I finally got this one on the bench. Our friend ADL (Dennis Lacy) got me all jazzed with his chopped sedan for Drag City Casting, then I realized it wasn't going to be out for awhile and I already had designs on it....so....

-Revell 1932 sedan kit, top chopped, roof "filled". 

-Stock style firewall from the Revell 'Rat Roaster' roadster kit.

-Interior from the sedan kit with a '40 dash from the Revell 5ive window coupe.

-Chassis was treated to a Model A rear crossmember and spring from the Revell venerable '30/'31 Model A sedan/pickup kit. The floor was raised to clear the pumpkin and the gas tank was notched to clear the QC. Scratched built rear split bones with the crossmember altered to move mounting points, clearing the exhaust.

-Rear axle with QC differential from Replicas and Miniatures of MD.

-Ford Y-Block power from the Revell '57 Ford kit, ran horn headers used to clear the hood sides.

-Rear tires and wheels from the Revell '29 Model A roadster kit.

-Front tires from Modelhaus with AMT wheels, from....???

-Paint is Tamiya TS-91 Dark Green (JGSDF) look that one up. Tamiya black accent color with interior shot with TS-69 Linoleum Deck Brown. Body cleared with Minwax polyurethane clear through my airbrush, orange peel, no extra charge...

-Buildup pix and more here: https://public.fotki.com/jferren/32-tudor-sedan-in-green-/ Thanks for looking.... -RRR

khbhgv.jpg

[imij90uh08.jpg

pomk[i-9ujh.jpg

;;kmonpiobyh.jpg

jknhbigcv.jpg

pmpojnohb.jpg

p'pkmon.jpg

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat
  • Like 1

I have to confess to not being a fan of military toned hot rods............... but this is very cool.  I think what I like the most is the continuity of the entire theme.  Razor sharp assembly is the icing on the cake!  Nice job RRR!

Cheers

Alan

Rodney, I find this deuce incredibly cool! Stealthy even. You really know your way around hot rods. Everything about it looks ‘right’. I suppose the colour is on trend, and many won’t ‘get it’, but I can’t stop looking at it!

Great job!