Model Cars Magazine Forum

What car or truck have you always wanted ?

A GT40. Not looking too likely at this point...

I was in line for a Safir JWA-licensed "continuation" MkV back in the late '80s, but the crash of Eastern Airlines wiped out the funds.

I've driven the CAV and Superformance versions, and they're both great fun and look the part.

Maybe later...   B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1965 Chevelle SS with 327 4-speed in Tahitian turquoise.  Had one with a 283, one night after consuming adult beverages and arguing with my soon to be ex-wife jumped a ditch, took out three fence posts and several feet of barbed wire.; didn't do the body work much good.  Drove it like that for a while, reenlisted in the USAF bought a new Chevy truck and hauled the Chevelle to my parent's house with the plan on rebuilding it into a stock-class drag car. Time passed, Dad got tired of it sitting behind the house and sold it. Title was in his name so he could do that.

I have always had a thing about a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air two door with the post. This would have to be done in Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige since dreams are cheap. There are many others, but I can usually just build a model of what I want. 

Two-seater AMX, preferably a '70.  I looked at a couple in the early Eighties, those particular ones were on the rough side (floor pan rust) so I passed.  A guy I knew back then (now deceased) owned an AMC dealership, he told me certain trim pieces were impossible to find even then.  One occasionally comes up, but I've got my Fairlane and really don't want to own three vehicles again.

I would consider breaking that rule if the right AMC Spirit GT or Spirit AMX came along, though...

The early Roadrunner would be neat too.  One of my cousins put together a '68 from a theft recovery car.  It was only about a year old.  Whoever stole it burned the interior and that wrecked the roof.  He also got a wrecked GTX for the roof and interior.  

Just the base, as advertised Runner, with the 383/four speed combo would be neat.