Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller mercedes 170 lieferwagen

Thank you all for your comments. A lot of you inspire me to build models I would probably not consider but when you see those wonderful builds and ideas, it sometimes gives me that little push to go ahead and build. 

now on to finish this 70 1/2 Camaro full bumper , not the easiest kit to build, good thing I no longer have hair 😃

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Really nice work on this one Mario, it looks fantastic!

Any problems with it going together? I have a slightly older issue with different decals that I'm looking to build someday, probably as a 1980s style rod.

Hi Nigel. Of all the old Heller kits that I have built, this one is really simple and builds quite well, I have build the De Lahaye 135 and the Citroen 15 and believe me it's a struggle from A to Z.

however, the newer kits are a different story, the Citroen fourgonette, the Renault 4gl, the newly tooedl estafette are much on par with modern kits, they build nice and they are finely detailed.

hope this  answers your question.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this model. It reminds me what a big world this is, with lots of interesting vehicles in it. I tend to focus rather narrowly on North American cars and trucks. It makes me think there must be a wealth of subject matter I’ve never even seen before, like this one. I find looking at models like yours refreshing. Great job btw!

5 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I love this model. It reminds me what a big world this is, with lots of interesting vehicles in it. I tend to focus rather narrowly on North American cars and trucks. It makes me think there must be a wealth of subject matter I’ve never even seen before, like this one. I find looking at models like yours refreshing. Great job btw!

Thanks Eric,

When I started to build cars some 8 years ago after building aircraft for 20 some years, I thought I would build only American cars from the 50's to early 70's, they are still my main interest but as I built more and more I found myself having an interest for odd ball model, obscure or unpopular. I build whitherever pick my curiosity or interest. I like to look at them from a styling standpoint. Back then , styling was everything. Nowadays, efficiency and functionality is the thing. But I guess to each his own. 

thanks again for commenting.

• 2 months later...