Model Cars Magazine Forum

Howard Hesseman aka Dr. Johnny Fever of WKRP Cincinnati fame passed away

HomerS

Correcting Newsman Les Nessman on the proper pronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriguez 

Going back on the air after the Pinedale Shopping Mall was bombed with live turkeys

The tactful way he stopped the last record when they switched from elevator music

Thanks for memories!

3 hours ago, HomerS said:

Correcting Newsman Les Nessman on the proper pronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriguez 

My employer has a satellite office in Chihuahua. To this day, when I have to type the name of the city, I think about this scene with Johnny and Les. "Chee Who-ah Who-ah. LOL. Classic show for sure!

On 2/1/2022 at 4:28 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

My favorite Hesseman moment - playing straight man to Walter Matthau in The Sunshine Boys.

"Frumpies! FRUMPIES!!"

Oh man,that’s right,I remember that part.The movie,”The Sunshine Boys”,was one of the funniest movies of all time.Thanks for the reminder.🤪🤣

• Like 1

Just saw this, it's one of the celebrity losses I missed somehow. He had several different scenes where I was laughing so hard I had to ask what I'd missed but one scene I really could understand and sympathize with his statement was when they were hit by the tornado and they found Johnny cowering alone in his own hiding spot where he told them that he had been in a mobile home that had been hit by a tornado and added "God HATES mobile homes. Sorry my wife and I had one for our first home of our own I can totally understand what he was talking about. R.IP. Howard/Johnny you're going to be missed but we can try to find old replays of WKRP in Cincinnati. Best we can do, it'll have to do.

3 hours ago, horsepower said:

R.IP. Howard/Johnny you're going to be missed but we can try to find old replays of WKRP in Cincinnati. Best we can do, it'll have to do.

They just showed 2 episodes on MeTV last Sunday as a tribute to Hesseman. They were the ones when Johnny takes a second job playing disco on TV for Mary Frann who went on to star as Bob Newhart's wife in Newhart. I wish MeTV would show both of those series again sometime. Bob Newhart is another favorite that luckily is still with us. 

Edited by Miatatom