Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Diablo GT 1:24

thebavarian

This kit is from Aoshima. Photoetched parts and metal transfer stickers were included in this set. The color ist Lamborghini purple from Zero Paints. The rims first are painted with Alclad gloss black primer and after masking with Molotow liquid chrome. The glossy clear is a 2 component paint from Glasurit (paints for 1:1 cars). The I used micromesh till a grain of 12000 und polished with a machine. The car was finished in april this year.

k-DSC04604.JPG

k-DSC04606.JPG

k-DSC04607.JPG

k-DSC04608.JPG

k-DSC04609.JPG

k-DSC04610.JPG

k-DSC04613.JPG

Edited by thebavarian
  • Like 1

Hi Thomas,

this Diablo looks very sweet, IMHO the GT is the perfect Diablo. I like the color, I have a jar of that same "mauve purple" paint from ZP on stock, probably to do a Diablo SV with it. I also like the way you did the clear coat. Many builders tend to "drown" the body and its panel lines in way too much/ too thick paint layers, yours looks just right. What's the reason you don't display the awesome 6 litre V12 engine?

Btw, there is a false release date printed on the label shown in the first image: for the GT, it should be 1999 instead of 1990... 😉

Edited by Tommy124
  • Thanks 1

@Tommy124

Hi Thomas 

thank you for the tip with the wrong year. I don‘t see the mistake till now. 
I will look for a picture of the engine and post it in one of the next days.(There is much trouble in our business the next days and my daughter is from Florida here for a visit in Germany)