Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Pontiac GTO

satterwhite78

Traded for this kit and a 70 Johan Cutlass last summer and finally got around to finishing up a few weeks ago.  While Googling 70 Pontiac GTO, I came across a 70 GTO in Mint Turquoise poly with a red Interior from the factory.  Intriguing as it was,  I didn't think I could roll with the red Interior as a permanent fixture but who knows....taste does change over time. 

At the moment, I'm debating whether to leave the spoiler off or order a "factory" replacement. It's still fast either way

20220905_183106.jpg

20220905_183136.jpg

20220905_183152.jpg

20220905_183215.jpg

• Like 5

Beautiful color. The '70 is my favorite year GTO, and you did this one good. As far as the spoiler, the one in the kit is wrong anyway, so just leave it off, it looks great without one. Question, where is the air cleaner from? I need one like that for the '72 GTO I'm working on. 

Great looking paint color and the finish is nice and smooth, I like the Judge Decals. The factory spoiler that GM used on most of their mid-sized cars always looked like an afterthought and didn't flow well with the body lines. 

• 2 weeks later...