Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Lincoln LSC Pro Street reissue

Justin Porter

Short of someone having the old AAM resin kit, the technically correct approach (i.e., how the 1/1 was developed) would be to base the conversion on the Monogram 1/24th scale 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe kit.  Same basic body structure/platform, driveline, suspension (except for coils instead of air bags, etc.), along with a 5.0LHO from a 1987 or later Fox body Mustang kit... 

41 minutes ago, keyser said:

@tim boydor a nice 2.4L bmw turbo diesel. 3D printed. Drove a new one, nice car. Courier with same motor fun too

A few previous lives ago, I was a service advisor at a Ford dealership in an area that also had a Lincoln-Mercury dealership. One afternoon, one of these things clattered into the service drive and a miniature Angela Lansbury (RIP) popped out. She had a list of issues, but wondered if we could work on her car. It wasn't anything serious that would require the special tools that Ford made Lincoln dealers buy but we didn't have. I wrote her up and that visit (IIRC) cost her nearly $1k (1992 money), but it was necessary stuff. It needed an injector pump and some other repairs. She had sworn off of the local Lincoln dealership for "Ripping her off". I made some decent commissions from what she spent and was happy that she was happy with our service. She kept returning and agreed to whatever we told her it needed. I drove her car a few times and frankly didn't understand why Ford built these things other than to (possibly) steal sales from BMW and MBZ. I don't think it worked. I suspect that most of these around here wound up at the junkyard when the 4HP22 ZF transmission died.

Drove more than a few of the 5.0 versions as well. Thought it was a really nice car that really should have had a Thunderbird body instead. 

8 minutes ago, Bucky said:

I think a stock Mk VII LSC would be a great "new tool" subject.

I’m torn, the later Mark VII special edition with the body colored bumpers looked wicked, and yet the Mark VIII was just so sleek and classy. Not sure which new tool I would like better!

As I wrote somewhere else on the forum a couple of weeks ago, I had 1985, 1990, and 1992 LSCs (the 1992 was a Special Edition).  They were magnificent cars.  The perfect combo of outrageous (for the time) luxury accommodations combined with the burble of a 5.0L HO and (especially in the early years) an avant-garde design theme that helped to rewrite the book on luxury automobile styling. 

The 1990, with its factory BBS wheels and ice blue over dark blue livery, remains among my 2 or 3 most favorite cars ever. 

Needless to say, I would love to see a full detail kit, but do not expect that to ever happen.   tb

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

As I wrote somewhere else on the forum a couple of weeks ago, I had 1985, 1990, and 1992 LSCs (the 1992 was a Special Edition).  They were magnificent cars.  The perfect combo of outrageous (for the time) luxury accommodations combined with the burble of a 5.0L HO and (especially in the early years) an avant-garde design theme that helped to rewrite the book on luxury automobile styling. 

The 1990, with its factory BBS wheels and ice blue over dark blue livery, remains among my 2 or 3 most favorite cars ever. 

Needless to say, I would love to see a full detail kit, but do not expect that to ever happen.   tb

Tim that is great you had just a few of them.  I always loved that car and I liked the Mark VIII too.  I wonder how collectible they will become.  1:1 cars. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:35 AM, Zen said:

Not sure if I've ever seen a full-scale pro street Mark VII? I think Revell needed to get some use from the Hays Thunderbird chassis but why a Lincoln????

I think somebody here previously wrote about somebody at Revell (Ed Sexton, perhaps?) wanting to do a kit of the Lincoln, but had to compromise with this version. 

On 10/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

I think somebody here previously wrote about somebody at Revell (Ed Sexton, perhaps?) wanting to do a kit of the Lincoln, but had to compromise with this version. 

I just think it is a cool kit!  Honestly think it would look great with a pro-stock hood scoop too.  Unfortunately I already have too many kits/projects!

2 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

We'll have to see, but I think it was just the one tire manufacturer being gratuitous about it all.

Ain't we got "Wide Oval" tampos on some Revell tires lately?  Hope springs eternal...

Seems that with the increased price per unit the new owners are pushing out, they're adding a little bit of value in that increase with some branded tires, and the inclusion of the actual Roadrunner decals for the '70 Roadrunner...in it's entire lifespan.

Magic what you can get accomplished when you're not fighting an imaginary $20 price ceiling on every release you do...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I hope that the raised Firestone on the rear tyres isn't "wiped" from this pending release...

I've never liked the rear tires that come in this kit, the Corvette, Beretta, J-2000 and the Thunderbird. They're a little too big and I don't like the sidewall detail on the perimeter. They almost look like a giant mud grip tire. I always switch them out with the AMT Mickey Thompsons.  

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I've never liked the rear tires that come in this kit, the Corvette, Beretta, J-2000 and the Thunderbird. They're a little too big and I don't like the sidewall detail on the perimeter. They almost look like a giant mud grip tire. I always switch them out with the AMT Mickey Thompsons.  

Absolutely valid points, and I'm inclined to agree. I suppose that my 'excitement' at the prospect of the lettering remaining is more borne-out of being bummed by the blank sidewalls since c.2003. Ne'er-the-less, I agree with your assessment.

25 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Absolutely valid points, and I'm inclined to agree. I suppose that my 'excitement' at the prospect of the lettering remaining is more borne-out of being bummed by the blank sidewalls since c.2003. Ne'er-the-less, I agree with your assessment.

In this case, I think getting rid of the lettering would've been an improvement. To me, it looks too big. It almost takes up half of the sidewall.