Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

13 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

You sir.... My bad!.... ?

No problem. You mean the 1956 chevy box. It's kind of bent up. But I'll hold on to it. Don't know when I'd even get to building it as I have too many kits now. Don't know why I keep buying them. LOL

57 minutes ago, Deuces ll said:

Umm. No!.. I was referring to the '69 Yenko 427 Camaro...

Mine you mean?! I did wonder.....

Interesting to know that you think it might have some value. As far as I'm concerned it was a just a fairly cheap eBay purchase that I was slightly surprised to win, and is going to be built when I get inspiration.

I also have this one on the way to me, maybe the same basic kit?

s-l1600.jpg

On 8/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, br67 said:

B91506DF-BE63-4EAE-BEA1-02884FDBE9D7.jpeg

I don't want to spoil your party, but I don't think these castings look that good. I see a surface structure that maybe can be described as 'pebbly'. And I recognise it from my own castings: after using the mold for 20 castings, I get the same. The castings still releases fine, no problem, but all 20+ castings have a surface structure that looks a lot like what I see on the hoods, especially the left one. Since I noticed the problem, I made 'counters' on my molds, to retire them after 20 castings. Works fine.

You can sand it off, yes, but that's not a nice job. I would ask the manufacturer whether the masters are the cause, or the molds.

Rob

Stopped at a vintage thrift shop on the way home from work and picked these up. The Mustang is complete and the Buick has a broken/ missing windshield frame. But the price was right on both. Already have the Buick pulled apart and in the Purple Pond.

Later-

IMG_20200812_190053708.jpg

IMG_20200812_190105995.jpg

IMG_20200812_154135121.jpg

IMG_20200812_154129174.jpg

19 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Stopped at a vintage thrift shop on the way home from work and picked these up. The Mustang is complete and the Buick has a broken/ missing windshield frame. But the price was right on both. Already have the Buick pulled apart and in the Purple Pond.

Nice score, especially the Buick.

8 hours ago, tbill said:

These came in the mail today along with some paint....

I have another 68 to build, so I think I’ll do a set of ‘twins’ as it were 

8907B999-0E4F-42C3-A28B-6BA08B3E4E07.jpeg

Nice trio!

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Saw one of these being built on the board recently, remembered I'd meant to get one. It came in today.

JOHAN 1959 RAMBLER WAGON CURBSIDE CUSTOM CRUISER MODEL KIT ...

Nice buy Bill!

12 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Saw one of these being built on the board recently, remembered I'd meant to get one. It came in today.

JOHAN 1959 RAMBLER WAGON CURBSIDE CUSTOM CRUISER MODEL KIT ...

What is your building plans for this Bill ?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...