Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

There are 2 hobby Lobby's just miles apart in the Albany, NY area. No clearance kits. I saw some air plane kits there but that was it. I did manage to get these 2 kits. Both 40% off each. These are online photos.Funny. I bought the 64 belvedere at one store marked $29.99 and the other store had it marked $25.99. Oh well. 

s-l1600.jpg

AMT1188M-2.jpg

Last week, after a couple months of looking, I tracked down a hood, front bumper/grille, front valence panel, and rear bumper/taillight panel for this sad old glue bomb Cougar. All I'm missing to complete it are the taillights and the rear valence panel. The taillights are available from two different sources, and the rear valence panel shouldn't be too hard to scratchbuild. I can see this one jumping to the front of my To-Do List soon. B)

68CougarGB02.jpg.f21778713731d7bb37ba260abee70e54.jpg

68CougarGB04.jpg.d21f61d31334c3259440c5cc5c16ccd0.jpg

4 hours ago, ewetwo said:

There are 2 hobby Lobby's just miles apart in the Albany, NY area. No clearance kits. I saw some air plane kits there but that was it. I did manage to get these 2 kits. Both 40% off each. These are online photos.Funny. I bought the 64 belvedere at one store marked $29.99 and the other store had it marked $25.99. Oh well. 

s-l1600.jpg

AMT1188M-2.jpg

Wow, I remember buying the convertible GTX at Meijer for less than 10.00 bucks... That was maybe 15 years ago... Can't believe they've gone up that much since then....

14 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

Wow, I remember buying the convertible GTX at Meijer for less than 10.00 bucks... That was maybe 15 years ago... Can't believe they've gone up that much since then....

Kes Guido. The average kit is around $30 now and some are being marked at $32. So you always look for coupons. Hobby Lobby always Has a 40% off and sometimes Micheal's has a 50% off. 

22 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Last week, after a couple months of looking, I tracked down a hood, front bumper/grille, front valence panel, and rear bumper/taillight panel for this sad old glue bomb Cougar. All I'm missing to complete it are the taillights and the rear valence panel. The taillights are available from two different sources, and the rear valence panel shouldn't be too hard to scratchbuild. I can see this one jumping to the front of my To-Do List soon. B)

68CougarGB02.jpg.f21778713731d7bb37ba260abee70e54.jpg

68CougarGB04.jpg.d21f61d31334c3259440c5cc5c16ccd0.jpg

don't need to scratch build the rear valance, start with one from the 69 Cougar...easier..

1 hour ago, thatz4u said:

don't need to scratch build the rear valance, start with one from the 69 Cougar...easier..

Interesting idea, I'll have to see if I have a spare one of those laying around. 

ETA: Turns out the '69 rear valence is molded with the body. Can't remove it without ruining the whole kit. Oh well. :wacko:

Edited by Snake45

Couple of Alpha Models items, have more in the HLJ shipment these rode in to photograph yet. Fun fact if you ship 3 of these along with your normal monthly intake of fresh Japanese styrene you'll trip the CBP self-importation declaration limit  ($800).

20200819_152200.thumb.jpg.871add09f5b6922ea06ad686dd03ed7b.jpg

Also two new sheets of decals from a new Hong Kong based decal provider - LB Productions for a couple of Australian fielded Audi R8 GT3s. "Commercial grade" decals, not home brewed junk.

20200819_213124.thumb.jpg.cbaaa6efe528fadf3d71ec226f22cccb.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710

Picked these up today. They will all need help.  And of course parts that are hard to find. image1.thumb.jpeg.0e0d707e44fdecc02a5a7d87c57901fa.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.6cd10ccda4f9365ac866c44c4ae30b2a.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

I purchased theThunderbird  body to replace the one I had because my A pillars were broken. They said they would include the glass but sent me the blue tinted glass. Anyone what to swa? 

image0.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

13 minutes ago, cobraman said:

David, you have some cool stuff there.

Thank you Ray. There’s a lot they are going to need. Like the 63 Bonneville will need a windshield. Scarce I know. But I think the purple pond will be the first step. 

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Thank you Ray. There’s a lot they are going to need. Like the 63 Bonneville will need a windshield. Scarce I know. But I think the purple pond will be the first step. 

Any of the glass you need, Bonnie and T-bird are flat enough to use plastic sheet as replacements.  Lotsa brush paint to soak but that 57 T- bird custom is kinda cool!

10 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Any of the glass you need, Bonnie and T-bird are flat enough to use plastic sheet as replacements.  Lotsa brush paint to soak but that 57 T- bird custom is kinda cool!

I might just leave that Tom. It.s pretty cool.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...