Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 8/5/2020 at 9:15 PM, Danno said:

Oh, man, Chris!  What a great guess: the ‘65 Lark Daytona!  

Wrong, but a great guess. I wish that’s what it was . . . Sorry.

It does sound fun, though.  I don’t have permission to announce what it is, but if someone gets it, well . . .

I haven’t been told it can’t be confirmed . . . ?

Someone I know thought it might be the old Revell 1/32nd scale stuff from the old days but with windows.

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I hope I find one when I go..

You might. I saw one Friday at the closest HL, and this is a store in a very small town.  There was exactly one Revell Land Rover on the shelf. 

It wasn't tagged yet, and I wondered about the price. I see Homer's is priced at $34.99.  Or $20.99 with the Magic 40% Coupon, which is a very good price.  I already have the kit, so I'll leave the ones in that Hobby Lobby for some other lucky builder.

7 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Picked all of these up recently and another of the Datsun 240z kits..............

Nice haul Tom!

I got these in the post:

IMG_2986.JPG.08de679469f588a2d24629f337ac93bc.JPG

I hadn't seen one of these before, from an initial glance it appears to look decent, the roofline looks nicer than the Monogram Camaro I'm familiar with.

IMG_2987.JPG.9d0551919c09b48d67bb3244ab95d34d.JPG

Got this for a good price, I think it's a reissue of the old Monogram kit? Has the louvred side panels and glass alternatives. Don't like this box style much, no ability to use it for storage of parts as the kit gets detailed and assembled.

IMG_2989.JPG.0c5b251096c3a717d3252e968076388b.JPG

Not too much difference between this and the Fujimi R31 bodyshell, but the Hasegawa kit has much more accurate chassis and suspension.

IMG_2988.JPG.ee495f9f6a330ac8aff8ef95246d9e99.JPG

I don't have much interest in building this as a rally car, maybe Time Attack style instead?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...