Model Cars Magazine Forum
CaseyG83

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I picked up an AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street kit at 40 % off. No coupon needed. Might want to check out Hobby Lobby near you as they're selling all kits at 40 % off. 

4 hours ago, cobraman said:

Stopped at Hobby Lobby to buy some Christmas decorations . I bought this stuff ! I did also get her something . 

FC0B0314-2A6C-4FD1-A267-4366BF895411.jpeg

Nice Ray...

2 hours ago, espo said:

I picked up an AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street kit at 40 % off. No coupon needed. Might want to check out Hobby Lobby near you as they're selling all kits at 40 % off. 

Thanks Dave, I will it’s time for my doctors appointment Thursday.. 

Picked up the Revell '29 A roadster at HL on sale; the idea being to use the guts under the Butera '27 T sedan delivery I won at the LMMCC raffle last weekend. Also got some 3/32" ID rubber windshield washer hose to put over the shanks of those miniature drills to make 'em easier to use by hand.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, CabDriver said:

Found a cool hobby store nearby to our new place too this week...picked up a few little bits and pieces I needed of paint and glue - they had one lonely bottle of Testors clear enamel left so I grabbed that seeing as it’ll soon be REALLY hard to find - they had good stocks of all kinds of other Testor’s stuff though!

7CEA0B15-852D-4648-9CC3-4ECCC5ED7C20.jpeg

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

At last, found a (resin) '61-'64 Pontiac promo engine filler:

2104801413_slimjim1.jpg.1a24768f5b8b5c81577fa76ffb21f8f0.jpg

Which means now I have at least the bottom half of a "Slim Jim" Roto Hydramatic transmission, and my '62 Catalina mild custom will be automatic like a good cruiser should be. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

They were really nice guys too - I’ll definitely be supporting them as best I can!

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

6 hours ago, sfhess said:

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

Man, that’s a great price, I would not pass them up myself..

Got the 2020 SA Contest Cars issue and a couple Revell reissues in the mail today. 

9BD5030F-7078-4FB8-8DD2-99E3EE01BAFF.jpeg

These have trickled in over the past month. Most from trades, one from hobby lobby along with the paint. The bubble wrapped cars are two old Monogram 69 camaros.  I built both versions as a kid, so am happy to have traded for these.

20200925_110617.jpg

20200925_110457.jpg

2 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

These have trickled in over the past month. Most from trades, one from hobby lobby along with the paint. The bubble wrapped cars are two old Monogram 69 camaros.  I built both versions as a kid, so am happy to have traded for these.

Nice haul Sam! Lol.

Later-

Seems Ebay was a little quite tonight,  I popped a bid in for this, expecting to get outbid,  and didn't,  only once I'd won the item did I realise I'd got the latest release of this one, oh well,  you can never have too many 57 Chevys.

25-revell-85-4240-1957-chevrolet_1_be3843872cd8d28b76b6c7503878090a.jpg

Got some "C" stripes for my AMT 1/43 69 Torino. This guy was mentioned in another decal thread, and I checked him out. I sent him the dimensions of the body, and he scaled down his 1/25 stripes to fit. Seems like a nice guy, very professional, and he answers e-mail right away. The decals look to be kit quality. The registration between the stripes is very clean for such a small size.

https://www.facebook.com/ScaleModeldecals/

http://www.kennyterry.com/

IMG_20200925_135424.jpg