Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
CaseyG83

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Recommended Posts

I picked up an AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street kit at 40 % off. No coupon needed. Might want to check out Hobby Lobby near you as they're selling all kits at 40 % off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cobraman said:

Stopped at Hobby Lobby to buy some Christmas decorations . I bought this stuff ! I did also get her something . 

FC0B0314-2A6C-4FD1-A267-4366BF895411.jpeg

Nice Ray...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, espo said:

I picked up an AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street kit at 40 % off. No coupon needed. Might want to check out Hobby Lobby near you as they're selling all kits at 40 % off. 

Thanks Dave, I will it’s time for my doctors appointment Thursday.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the Revell '29 A roadster at HL on sale; the idea being to use the guts under the Butera '27 T sedan delivery I won at the LMMCC raffle last weekend. Also got some 3/32" ID rubber windshield washer hose to put over the shanks of those miniature drills to make 'em easier to use by hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, CabDriver said:

Found a cool hobby store nearby to our new place too this week...picked up a few little bits and pieces I needed of paint and glue - they had one lonely bottle of Testors clear enamel left so I grabbed that seeing as it’ll soon be REALLY hard to find - they had good stocks of all kinds of other Testor’s stuff though!

7CEA0B15-852D-4648-9CC3-4ECCC5ED7C20.jpeg

 

 

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last, found a (resin) '61-'64 Pontiac promo engine filler:

2104801413_slimjim1.jpg.1a24768f5b8b5c81577fa76ffb21f8f0.jpg

Which means now I have at least the bottom half of a "Slim Jim" Roto Hydramatic transmission, and my '62 Catalina mild custom will be automatic like a good cruiser should be. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

They were really nice guys too - I’ll definitely be supporting them as best I can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sfhess said:

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

Man, that’s a great price, I would not pass them up myself..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the 2020 SA Contest Cars issue and a couple Revell reissues in the mail today. 

9BD5030F-7078-4FB8-8DD2-99E3EE01BAFF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These have trickled in over the past month. Most from trades, one from hobby lobby along with the paint. The bubble wrapped cars are two old Monogram 69 camaros.  I built both versions as a kid, so am happy to have traded for these.

20200925_110617.jpg

20200925_110457.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

These have trickled in over the past month. Most from trades, one from hobby lobby along with the paint. The bubble wrapped cars are two old Monogram 69 camaros.  I built both versions as a kid, so am happy to have traded for these.

 

Nice haul Sam! Lol.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems Ebay was a little quite tonight,  I popped a bid in for this, expecting to get outbid,  and didn't,  only once I'd won the item did I realise I'd got the latest release of this one, oh well,  you can never have too many 57 Chevys.

25-revell-85-4240-1957-chevrolet_1_be3843872cd8d28b76b6c7503878090a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some "C" stripes for my AMT 1/43 69 Torino. This guy was mentioned in another decal thread, and I checked him out. I sent him the dimensions of the body, and he scaled down his 1/25 stripes to fit. Seems like a nice guy, very professional, and he answers e-mail right away. The decals look to be kit quality. The registration between the stripes is very clean for such a small size.

 

 

https://www.facebook.com/ScaleModeldecals/

http://www.kennyterry.com/

IMG_20200925_135424.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...