Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got another Molotow. I bought a 1mm a couple months ago but now that I need it, I can't find it. Today I NEEDED it because I'm doing the window trim on a silver car--my beloved Silver Sharpie simply vanished against the paint. Bought a 2mm, used it for the first time, WOW I'm a believer! It won't replace my Silver Sharpies but it'll get used for certain things. 

For the window  (and wheel well) trim I was wondering if the 4mm might have worked even better. The 2mm was only barely wide enough.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Quick GMC said:

Also got this the other day, right after I heard SMS was closing up. Been watching this for a while too and didn't want to miss out

Enzo FXX Super Detail Kit with full carbon fiber template 

20180315_114709.jpg

WOW!!!!!

On 2018-03-10 at 11:44 AM, gtx6970 said:

A couple ckd off the want list this week .

A decent builder Thundercharger. Been after one of these for a while now ( would like to have a 2nd so I can build both both ways the car has appeared.)

And an original issue 1962 Chrysler 300 convertible, this is simply a parts kit I'll use the interior on a hardtop build of said car. The rest will go in the parts pile or use a trade material

image.thumb.png.44e6b0ae1fc7d422d2a38ee3a1fcaa70.png

image.thumb.png.4d13e6c485f996134cd417c126a7b709.png

I bought a resin version a few years ago.  I think it came from Australia 

Good night, bad night on eBay. Was watching a clean '70 Javelin promo (mistakenly listed as a '69) at $40+, put in a very healthy bid at the last minute but it went for $115 (WAY over my bid). Watched a damaged (broken windshield and missing right A-pillar) '73 Firebird Forumula promo that sat there all day at $18. Put in a bid of almost $50 at the last minute but somebody wanted it more because I lost it by a dollar. (Got to imagine the winner's face, though: "Got it! Hey, wait, it was only $18 a minute ago, WTH?")

Did score a '81 Mustang Cobra I wanted. It was on two weeks ago and went off bidless--I forgot to bid on it--and evidently last night somebody else woke up too because it cost me a bit more than it would have two weeks ago. Oh well. On the plus side, I scored a mint '70 Corvette promo for about the same price (including shipping) that I pay for my Toy Show Glue Bombs, so, Boo-ya on THAT one. B)

On 3/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, gtx6970 said:

And an original issue 1962 Chrysler 300 convertible, this is simply a parts kit I'll use the interior on a hardtop build of said car. The rest will go in the parts pile or use a trade material

image.thumb.png.44e6b0ae1fc7d422d2a38ee3a1fcaa70.png

The wheels on this are the coolest Johan custom wheels ever!  Do they have the red inserts?   If you don't want them, PM me!  

On 3/8/2018 at 6:24 AM, disabled modeler said:

Nice Pontiac...!   I am all for the wider width tires with a white wall on them like MPC use to use....many models look funny with the skinny tires on them.  I wish they would put the wider width tires with a normal white wall on them in kits so they will look the part.

That is beautiful!

8 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

The wheels on this are the coolest Johan custom wheels ever!  Do they have the red inserts?   If you don't want them, PM me!  

I would like to get rid of it as a whole. Just with no engine and the interior tub from the reissue

pm me and we can work something out

8 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

If you can tell me which kit they're from for certain, I know that I have a set of those somewhere as well.

You can PM me if you really want them.

Steve

These are mostly wins from a live auction group I'm in on Facebook, but since the gentleman that runs the group lives about an hour from me, I went to pick my wins up and more. The brown box is a Borax 20 Mule Team from around the 60s still sealed inside, and to the left of the General Lee and Daisy's Jeep is the complete first season of the "Dukes of Hazzard" on DVD that he sold along with the General Lee kit. 

20180323_222233.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...