[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Paint Strippers - What to Use?

1 hour ago, crowe-t said:

I picked up the real Super Clean and I have the Monogram Jeep bodies soaking in it.

How long should they soak before the Tamiya Fine White primer will start coming off?

Normaly only overnight will remover most paint. Stubborn stuff maybe a few days. A reminder of what was typed earlier, keep it room temperature but not hot. If it is sitting out in the cold or in the basement the time is longer. If you have time in the morning pull it out and scrub away because something when you get a spot to start it goes faster. 

If you have to go to easy off read through the thread for the correct color cap, one works the other does not.

The Easy Off with the yellow cap seems to be the correct one to use to remove paint.  I have the Jeep bodies soaking in the Super Clean and the Tamiya Fine White Primer is loosening a bit.  I've had to scrape the paint with a toothpick to scrape off the primer but it's taking a lot of time.

Will the Easy Off work faster and loosen the paint/primer more?