Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I’m pretty sure the other deer was the mother or father.All I could tell was it was a lot larger than the one in the picture,but it took off so quicky,i couldn’t really tell for sure.

Edited by NYLIBUD

58 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

I got my 340 on the engine stand and I’m going to start cleaning it up and maybe adding some go fast parts soon.

Cale, man, do you know what year model the engine is? If it's an early one, the only go fast goodies you would really need would be a good carb and your long tube headers.... These engines were strictly a performance engine. They never came in a family car, and never had a 2 bbl carburetor.....

36 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Cale, man, do you know what year model the engine is? If it's an early one, the only go fast goodies you would really need would be a good carb and your long tube headers.... These engines were strictly a performance engine. They never came in a family car, and never had a 2 bbl carburetor.....

It’s a 1970 block with J code heads. I have a set of headers that I’m putting on it as well as a tunnel ram with two Holley 465cfm carbs (I know it’s not practical but it’s something I’ve always wanted) and maybe a cam. I want to keep the bottom end stock and only do stuff that can be undone if I want to go back to stock. 

We dog sat a neighbour’s dog for a few hours yesterday. We were told he was somewhat afraid of men. He was playing with a stuffed toy when my wife playfully lunged at the toy.  He grabbed it, ran across the room and leaped into my lap with it.🙂

8ECB4CEA-F0EC-459C-A121-12FC907201CF.jpeg

• Like 2

This has been pleasing me in an "amusing me" kind of way... Round 2 has started mentioning the fact that their models are "fully paintable" in product announcements and descriptions. It's like... yeah... I hope so. :D  Makes wonder why " assembly required" isn't in there, either. 

Our street is on a perpetual widening project and they've progressed to the new curbs/aprons on the other side of the street.  Our new neighbor ordered furniture and the company doing the work asked that any major delivery be made on Saturday or Sunday...which she did.  Truck shows up today and parks out front but the road is narrowed by the road work so the traffic had difficulty getting through.  As traffic backed up, the landscaping truck (just a regular truck w/ no trailer) I presume called the cops are Chief Wiggum showed up.....didn't get out of the car but felt the need to chew the furniture guys as well as the neighbor for doing what she was asked to do.  My teenager was peaking out the front door window.  Me...nope....grabbed a snack and drink before going out on the porch to watch this comedy of errors.  The cop had another neighbor move their vehicles and the furniture truck parked on the other side of the street.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, Chuck Most said:

This has been pleasing me in an "amusing me" kind of way... Round 2 has started mentioning the fact that their models are "fully paintable" in product announcements and descriptions. It's like... yeah... I hope so. :D  Makes wonder why " assembly required" isn't in there, either. 

A lot of negative Amazon reviews for model kits seem to be that they’re neither painted nor assembled already…so I bet they’re trying to minimize the number of dum-dums who don’t know what they’re buying and then complain about it…

Dumb, dumberer, and dumbererer-er.

Lotsa supporting data for what I'm seeing on a daily basis.

Glad it's not just my own perception (also sometimes known here as the "old man shouting at clouds" effect).  ;)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/04/29/technology-is-on-the-rise-while-iq-is-on-the-decline/?sh=728db67ab103

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/iq-scores-have-been-falling-for-decades-new-study-finds/

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I witness this all the time but reading it somehow makes it worse even though I know it's there.

The way we grew up formed a better brain to cope with the world around us. We did things. We were outside learning about dirt, cement, plants, nature, cars, traffic, weather, etc. Y'know, things that could hurt you or please you, smells that are good or bad.

I have a college educated sister-in-law that has her cell phone within arms reach at all times. She'll pick it up every so often even if it hasn't made a sound. She's 63 years old.

Just seeing people's actions in a store show they aren't trained how to do things in a logical way. While watching sports on tv these days I like to see how many people are looking at their cell phones instead of watching the game. Sad what we've become.

Hope this didn't seem like an old guy rant but more of an observation linked to the above subject.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TonyK said:

...Hope this didn't seem like an old guy rant but more of an observation linked to the above subject.

It's not an "old guy rant" by any stretch of the imagination, at least not to rational big-picture thinkers.

Anybody who's paying attention to current events and issues like "supply chain problems", constant excuse-making, and widespread general incompetence, can't help coming to the conclusion that it's not really smart people (with a solid grasp of cause-and-effect relationships) who are screwing everything up.

Then you have the midwits: an entire subclass of folks of above-average intelligence and education, totally convinced of their own superiority and in rather a lot of upper management and tech positions, smart enough to be "successful"...but incapable of thinking critically or challenging the herd "wisdom" because their self-image is based on a need for group approval and acceptance instead of being concerned with knowing the actual truth. They are peer-directed sheeple, constantly reinforcing each other's warped beliefs within the echo-chamber that is most social media.

Combine a falling level of general intelligence with a business class intent on keeping their heads down while embracing a go-along-to-get-along mentality, you have a recipe for the messes we're currently seeing virtually everywhere.

Seal GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1