Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turbo 4cyl Cuda - DONE!! 3/21

Impalow

Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement 

Looks amazing!

But will it be done in time?

I'm trying my darnedest over here... its gonna be close. 

Got the body buffed out last night and the AAR style matte two tone paint done... Tonight is the semi-gloss black window trims.

Not the best pics... but you get the idea.

Looks really good. What did you use to sculp after those wheel arches? 

Thank you!  I actually didn't use any filler, just Gap Filling CA and kicker... Kept filling and sanding.. The flares from that aoshima kit fit pretty well all-in-all, just had to blend them in. 

Thank you!  I actually didn't use any filler, just Gap Filling CA and kicker... Kept filling and sanding.. The flares from that aoshima kit fit pretty well all-in-all, just had to blend them in. 

I have a strong love for that method.

BTW, this thing is absolutely mind meltingly nutty in person 

Thanks Andy!  and thanks for talking me into getting some CA and Kicker about 3 projects ago.

Trim is painted!   Body is done minus glass & assembly.. Huge relief, I was fretting about this. 

Tonight is brakes/ ignition coils & exhaust.. Getting closer. 

Thanks guys!!!  Well I did it.. not quite sure how..  But i managed to get this thing together around 2:30am Sunday morning then headed out to the show around 5:30am after a short nap.. I can honestly say this is going to be the last one I thrash on like this.. Just took the fun of out the final assembly, and added stress.  I had some minor hiccups with the glass and other fitment issues from warped pieces that almost made me want to throw in the towel on several occasions. But the results were worth it, and I am very pleased with the final model.  On top of all that I managed to bring home the Ohio Challenge class win, and the honor of selecting next years build car!! (Revell 29 roadster)

Due to thrashing these are the only real in progress photos I had...  oops.

Grille with hobby design SRT emblem from challenger detail set:

Intercooler piping, and ignition coils installed... the intake and throttle cable went all wonky in this pic..  but fixed it later:

Chassis pan installed... this was fun.. :wacko:

Exhaust and waste gate exit:

Cool littler teaser photo:

Finally finished photos from the show... I will take better photos for my under-glass post here in the next few days:

Here s a group shot featuring Andy (exesivefire) my Dad (I keep forgetting to help him set up an account) and mine... It was fun building the same kit between the 3 of us and seeing how each one of us tackled the build and discussing the issues.  All in all the Ohio challenge table had around 10 Cudas on it, this was just our contribution.

Lots of little details to enjoy in your build Eric.  I especially like the way you designed and detailed the bottom of the car.  The way you used the photo-etch mesh for the bottom was very creative.  Cheers

Bet your well pleased with this win, its one thing to build a clean car but what makes it stand out is the sheer creativity of the thing !  It all comes together so well, and looks so accurate, great job mate I'm looking forward to see what's next......:D

PS.... I really like your dads cuda, can u post it in under glass ?

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thank you all!  

Bet your well pleased with this win, its one thing to build a clean car but what makes it stand out is the sheer creativity of the thing !  It all comes together so well, and looks so accurate, great job mate I'm looking forward to see what's next......:D

PS.... I really like your dads cuda, can u post it in under glass ?

for sure martin! when he first told me his idea i was like "ewe"... and then that turned to "ahhhhhh" ... it turned into a gorgeous build

Saw it at the show sunday... it looks amazing... did you need another box to haul away all your awards? LOL

Yeah, wow..  Almost had to.. I was so busy working on this thing I almost forgot my "rat rod" hadn't been to a show yet, and that was the featured theme...  I was blown away at all the awards... Really didn't expect that at all...Sorry i missed seeing you, if i did miss you... I was kind of a walking zombie by noon..hahaha

Yeah, wow..  Almost had to.. I was so busy working on this thing I almost forgot my "rat rod" hadn't been to a show yet, and that was the featured theme...  I was blown away at all the awards... Really didn't expect that at all...Sorry i missed seeing you, if i did miss you... I was kind of a walking zombie by noon..hahaha

It's all good. I was wandering aimlessly all day between the vendor section trying not to buy stuff. I was also mostly hanging out with my friend who was selling stuff. I know exactly how you feel about being a walking zombie by noon. I have bad knees and so between the up and down when loading in all my cars on the table (brought 13 like a dummy) and the walking around literally all day it really made me hate myself by the end of the day as my right knee was quite angry. Then the 2+ hour drive home didn't help.. haha. Congrats on the wins. Really liked what I saw (of what I knew for sure was yours... Cuda's and rat rod)