Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC new releases for 2016

gasman

Issues with the tooling . Apparently , Round2 was going to do with the 1971 Demon what AMT (et al.) did with the 1970 Super Bee in the 90's :: "bash" it with newer tooling ; to wit : MPC 1971 Demon 340 body (etc.) with the c.1998-issue AMT 1971 Duster 340 (chassis , engine , etc.) .

I'm willing to bet that , since the MPC A-body series (1971-1975 Duster , 1971 Demon , 1975-1976 Dart Sport) tooling is every bit of 40 years old , that it's too fatigued to rework . Remember that Round2 was going to take the 1975-1976 Dart Sport tool (which has been reissued and reworked a few times since its retirement as an "annual" at the end of 1976) and backdate its body to 1971 cosmetics (no small feat !) .

Perhaps Revell , Moebius , et al. , could do it better vis-a-vis all-new tooling ... (and , no , I'm not knocking Round2 by stating that)

Problem with that, most of the latest Revell "New" tool kits have been lacking in accuracy. I could name a bunch, but will refrain myself.

Issues with the tooling . Apparently , Round2 was going to do with the 1971 Demon what AMT (et al.) did with the 1970 Super Bee in the 90's :: "bash" it with newer tooling ; to wit : MPC 1971 Demon 340 body (etc.) with the c.1998-issue AMT 1971 Duster 340 (chassis , engine , etc.) .

I'm willing to bet that , since the MPC A-body series (1971-1975 Duster , 1971 Demon , 1975-1976 Dart Sport) tooling is every bit of 40 years old , that it's too fatigued to rework . Remember that Round2 was going to take the 1975-1976 Dart Sport tool (which has been reissued and reworked a few times since its retirement as an "annual" at the end of 1976) and backdate its body to 1971 cosmetics (no small feat !) .

That's a whole lot of speculation; the old annual was never part of the plan.    

Don't believe everything you hear.

Whatever is generally sold at the supermarket? Not sure which that is.

Charlie Larkin

All I know is fresh kielbasa is a Milwaukee thing. When I lived elsewhere I could only find smoked. Maybe in yer neck of the woods you can get fresh. Fresh is a light pink like pork meat, smoked is much darker, almost brown. Fresh just tastes better to me. Klement's or Usingers are the best brands.

Edited by lordairgtar

All I know is fresh kielbasa is a Milwaukee thing. When I lived elsewhere I could only find smoked. Maybe in yer neck of the woods you can get fresh. Fresh is a light pink like pork meat, smoked is much darker, almost brown. Fresh just tastes better to me. Klement's or Usingers are the best brands.

Hmm...we get smoked. 

I think I now know where to find fresh. I'll make a couple of phone calls and see what I can scare up.

Charlie Larkin

Kielbasa killed this thread?

I habe no idea what Kielbasa is or what it has to do with the 2016 releases from AMT/MPC, I know some threads go off track but I'm lost on this one lol........ perhaps it's because I'm from the UK

Edited by Mr Stock

I habe no idea what Kielbasa is or what it has to do with the 2016 releases from AMT/MPC, I know some threads go off track but I'm lost on this one lol........ perhaps it's because I'm from the UK

I'm not 100% sure myself. I beleive its a Polish type of sausage, still popular in Chicago and Milaukee. And it has nothing to do with anything that Round 2 plans on releasing under the AMT or MPC brands in 2016.

I'm not 100% sure myself. I beleive its a Polish type of sausage, still popular in Chicago and Milaukee. And it has nothing to do with anything that Round 2 plans on releasing under the AMT or MPC brands in 2016.

Unless they reissue the '40 Ford delivery or '23 Ford T-truck w/ deli decals.. ;)     

Yep, it's a sausage, a little spicy. Goes great with mustard, eggs, rice... 

Or slice into ~1" sections and put them in a pot. Then pour a beer over 'em and simmer on a low heat until the beer and all the juices form a Sauce. Serve for a snack (or if you make enough - Dinner) with Beer using Toothpicks. Uuuummmmmm

Blame Bob Frias and myself. Somehow, I got to reminiscing about New Bedford and my lingucia addiction (Portugese sausage) and kielbasa got introduced sideways by a third party. 

Kielbasa is a good seller around here, too. We have a decent-size Polish and Ukrainian population.

Maybe we'll inspire them to do decals for a packing company. :)

Charlie Larkin