Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Van Wert Ohio's Ollies just has the loser non sellers . Green hornet 1'32, Mach 5 speed racer and star trek. When wal mart had the AMT kit's in mid last year they had to reduce the  star trek kits to get rid of them! Seem's that Star Trek isn't a big seller around this area.

Lancaster PA Ollie’s has the usual leftovers, and a new load of Barris kits. I’m not really a Barris fan but I picked up an Ala Kart and a T Buggy, along with the Joker car. IMG_2199.thumb.jpeg.268d2adfb99fc4a2a357d1f512603578.jpegIMG_2200.thumb.jpeg.d8f1f16f55a91df19bcca9c1c8b6fc0e.jpeg

Edited by StanGlover
  • Like 6

$19.99 is pretty steep still. I got a bunch before Xmas at $12 per, and then a 10% off on top of that. I have a good supply of AWB Chevy II kits, I should go back to see what else they have. It is a 25 mile journey each way.

It may have ended.  Manufacturers using licensing agreements get a "sell off" period.  When the agreement ends, they can't make licensed items but do get a set period to sell off items made under the agreement.  That way, they can't build a stockpile that would last several years after the agreement ends.

Would love an Ala Cart kit. I checked my Ollies yesterday and they had the Ford Police car. The 95 (?) Mustang and new was the Hot Wheel's Dodge Charger. That can only be built as a dragster. Not stock. I should have bought it just for parts and just might go back and get one. 

HW Charger.jpg

Edited by ewetwo
  • Like 1

Hit the Merritt Island, FL store today, none of the kits pictured above were there. They still had some Mach 5, Green Hornet & Big Rig Trailers left from the previous sale. I did get the last '32 Ford Roadster. One can never have too many '32 Ford kits.

• Like 2

My haul from FEB 10............

The Coke P/U and Coronet came from WalMart. $8 and 10 on close out.

The other are Ollie's. I noted the Bond police cars had Hobby Lobby price tags on them. I want the Go Cart......so I'll check other stores. Thx

FEB24.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bobss396 said:

$19.99 is pretty steep still. I got a bunch before Xmas at $12 per, and then a 10% off on top of that.

10 hours ago, Rocketman455 said:

While the sign does say $19.99, if you enlarge the pic, most every price tag says $12.99.

8 hours ago, StanGlover said:

Yeah they were 12.99 each, not sure why the sign said 19.99. 

Chances are if there were any semi truck kits, those were priced at $19.99.  Seems like typical Ollies employees aren't too motivated to exert beyond the bare minimum effort (at least at my local store).

So I suspect it was a "that's good enough" situation.

32 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

Chances are if there were any semi truck kits, those were priced at $19.99.  Seems like typical Ollies employees aren't too motivated to exert beyond the bare minimum effort (at least at my local store).

So I suspect it was a "that's good enough" situation.

Sounds like my local Ollie's. Most of the time the floor help is standing around in the back drinking coffee or pushing empty carts around to look busy!

• Like 1

Interesting that the post office Pintos showed up at Ollies.  I couldn't find them at retail in the real world of stores and shows!   I did manage to get one.  If anyone bought a bunch of them for other than USPS use, I could use a few sets of those postal decals to build other postal vehicles!  

9 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

None of the stores sround Toledo OH have the 74 Plymouth Roadrunner.  Bummer

The luck of the Ollie's draw!!!  I wasn't looking for the RR......I wanted a Go Kart. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and am wheelchair bound......wanted a Go Kart to build while in recovery. Brush paint like a 10 year old I was!!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

None of the stores sround Toledo OH have the 74 Plymouth Roadrunner.  Bummer

I would check back again soon, my Oillies this weekend had Roadrunners in sealed cardboard boxes on a shipping cart that were not put on shelves, so they are still just getting them in stock.