Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Stopped at the Merrillville, IN store tonight.  Had the '74 Roadrunners, 007 Galaxie police cars, PL Charger funny cars, and Godzilla Jeeps.  Good number of all those.

In a separate location they had about 4 of the Ala Karts (RC2 tool).  Almost picked one up one for hot rod parts, but started thinking it's probably not worth it, with the weird air suspension and the teeny tiny under scale engine.

A Roadrunner and Jeep ended up following me home.

• Like 2

I do not see anything I want, but I am curious where this batch  of round 2 and Atlantis kits are from.  Are they a special run, or leftovers?  That is a lot of Trailers and USS Wisconsins in this one location.

5 hours ago, JJ Deuce said:

stopped in one of the local Ollie's yesterday hoping to find some Jeeps.  lots of police cars and AWB novas, a couple roadrunners.   i left empty handed

How can I get a couple of Nova’s from you? My Ollie’s may have some jeeps.

I'm kinda curious if Ollie's is going to start stocking kits on a semi regular basis. They seem to be getting them in with more regularity. Or they just have a massive backlog of inventory in the warehouse. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

That's the first time I've seen that Vega pop up in ollie's.   Interesting...

I found it odd also. It was the only one there in a stack of Pinto's and Goon cars and to further the oddity, the sticker is on the box and the kit was taped closed with those pieces of round clear tape on each side.

Edited by Sledsel

30 minutes ago, Sledsel said:

I found it odd also. It was the only one there in a stack of Pinto's and Goon cars and to further the oddity, the sticker is on the box and the kit was taped closed with those pieces of round clear tape on each side.

Maybe R2 is throwing in odds and ends to fill cases??????

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deuces wild said:

Ok guys... How bad is the Undertaker dragster kit??? 🤔🥸🧐

I just bought one this past Sunday. I don't really care for the body, no offense to Carl Casper, but the chassis will work nicely for an early gas/coupe I have in plans. The engine and front-drive blower are fairly lackluster. Fair price for a good chassis, wheels, and tires.  Forgot to mention the included show floor base, vampire, headless ghoul, and flying bat.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

I just bought one this past Sunday. I don't really care for the body, no offense to Carl Casper, but the chassis will work nicely for an early gas/coupe I have in plans. The engine and front-drive blower are fairly lackluster. Fair price for a good chassis, wheels, and tires.  Forgot to mention the included show floor base, vampire, headless ghoul, and flying bat.

I agree, i bought 1 for parts, the chassis, wheels and tires are useful. The engine looks small, but I am considering using the good parts from this kit with the Atlantis Fireball FED, to make one decent dragster......

• Thanks 1