Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

7 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Noticeable, the sheer volume of desired plastic kits on here being nostalgic Americana.

I'm sure there must be many modellers looking for their pet European cars to be kitted too, but as MCM is not sold through retail outlets in the UK and Europe, there are many over on this side of the pond who do not even know about MCM, let alone this forum. Hence the overwhelming bias towards American cars on here.

Over the last few years, my tastes have swung around from classic American muscle to European and JDM stuff. I still have my Ford and Mopar kits, and like them, but I grew tired of building them. Someday, that will probably change. It happens sometimes to us all. I'd love to see Revell of Germany or someone else do for European cars what Revell and AMT did for classic muscle. Can you imagine E39 BMW kits and all sorts of other 80s-90s German kits being produced?

10 hours ago, Rodent said:

I realize that it isn't a "kit", but A&N does several versions on "M-S" van in resin. I have held back several times from buying a few. I have friends that build custom Sprinter campers and would like to replicate one for them as a gift.

Oh, and the current forum gremlins now don't like imbedded links, so anyone that can repost this like, please do.

https://an-modeltrucks.com/shop/german-panel-van-m-s-5-5-ton-normal-full-resin-kit-1-24/

As long as you are doing the shorter wheelbase version.  The longer wheelbase version would be a nice option

6 hours ago, stitchdup said:

the gunze ghia is the easier to find but it has rubbery seats so if you want to paint them they need replaced.

I'd forgotten about that. I built one of those kits a long time ago and painted the seats with acrylic. It worked, but the plastic attacked the polystyrene of the chassis and eventually, the seats themselves degraded into a sort of mush. I wonder if they were made of the same stuff tires are molded in?

11 minutes ago, oldcarfan said:

I'd forgotten about that. I built one of those kits a long time ago and painted the seats with acrylic. It worked, but the plastic attacked the polystyrene of the chassis and eventually, the seats themselves degraded into a sort of mush. I wonder if they were made of the same stuff tires are molded in?

i think its the same plastic as dolls heads or gi joe arms or maybe a silicone. it feels like the same texture as silicone. the seats in the recent dda holdens are a similar plastic but a little firmer

Had a Gunze TR some time ago and sold the kit on as I did not like the seats and tonneau cover made in vinyl.

What was the point of using that material for parts. It's bad enough tyres being made in it. Had some loose in a box stored for some time to find the tyres had chemically fused themselves into some of the polystyrene parts ruining both.I

Tyres get separated out in all kits I buy now, and the wheels when built get a barrier of foil fitted or painted to avoid direct vinyl to plastic contact.

1 hour ago, Exotics_Builder said:

As long as you are doing the shorter wheelbase version.  The longer wheelbase version would be a nice option

Agreed. My friends converted one 170" and lived in it for a year, but all the rest they have done are 144s. They are more maneuverable and they found that the small amount of extra space in the 170 wasn't worth it. They never converted a 170 with the extended rear.

• Like 1

A full detail 1970 Dodge Super Bee(along the lines of the new Revell Mustang), a 1969 Roadrunner along the same lines but with an accurate body. A 1970-1972 Pontiac LeMans(possibly a “luxury “ edition). S’more accurate mid to late 70s Dodge Ramcharger or Power Wagon (Macho edition?). 

KWT's suggestion of the Collonade Chevelle and El Camino would be great to have. About the little Cavalier Z-24 pictured. I personally would love to have one to build for my wife. We bought her a new one when she graduated from college, and we put over 100k on it with zero problems. With the 5-speed that little car was pretty fast for its time. The real question is would a model company be able to make a profit after paying for the development of a kit. The S-10 & S-15 Chevrolet/GMC trucks could be reissued with just a light polish over the models I would think. With the resent interest in building pickups I would think that would be a viable idea. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, espo said:

KWT's suggestion of the Collonade Chevelle and El Camino would be great to have. About the little Cavalier Z-24 pictured. I personally would love to have one to build for my wife. We bought her a new one when she graduated from college, and we put over 100k on it with zero problems. With the 5-speed that little car was pretty fast for its time. The real question is would a model company be able to make a profit after paying for the development of a kit. The S-10 & S-15 Chevrolet/GMC trucks could be reissued with just a light polish over the models I would think. With the resent interest in building pickups I would think that would be a viable idea. 

All 5 of those are near and dear to me having known someone who had them throughout my life.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted earlier about wanting a nice E39 chassis BMW, and I would also like to add that I'd like to see a nice, accurate E30 chassis as well. And while I like Revell's E21 320i, I wish there were a nice 1/24th kit of that too. At the least, I wish Revell would retool the front grill area as the headlights look too small for the rest of the car. Maybe it's just me. Also I wouldn't say no to an accurate mid 80s MB 190E, either.

While I'm asking, I'd ask again for Round Two to give us the AMT Chevy Van with the optional window van option. That would make the PRDAs Cannonball contender, and they could add Open Road Camper top for another issue, and also give us a backdated early 70s version of the MPC Dodge van with a window option as well. I'd really like to do an accurate Cannonball Ambulance! Maybe they could also do an later 1997-ish Dodge Van so I could do a Dajiban.

aaaCannonballvan.jpg

aadajiban.PNG

aapolishCannonballvan.jpg

• Like 1

While I'm aware that AMT made a 2-door Blazer, that was the pre-facelift style and also hasn't been issued in over 20 years. What I'd like to see is a 2 door Blazer with the facelifted front and interior. (Does Round 2 have the Blazer tooling?)No Reserve: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 5-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions -  sold for $12,550 on January 30, 2022 (Lot #64,596) | Bring a Trailer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-Ray said:

While I'm aware that AMT made a 2-door Blazer, that was the pre-facelift style and also hasn't been issued in over 20 years. What I'd like to see is a 2 door Blazer with the facelifted front and interior. (Does Round 2 have the Blazer tooling?)No Reserve: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 5-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions -  sold for $12,550 on January 30, 2022 (Lot #64,596) | Bring a Trailer

Would be nice.  I've still got an original unbuilt

SAM_1804.JPG

I will possibly be seeing some reps from Atlantis on Saturday at our show. I'm not sure how far up the food chain they are. But I'm going to pitch for a line of Saturday Night stock cars. Like street stocks and bomber cars seen on small short tracks. Candidates would be a Nova, Chevelle, Mustang, Camaro, etc.

14 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I will possibly be seeing some reps from Atlantis on Saturday at our show. I'm not sure how far up the food chain they are. But I'm going to pitch for a line of Saturday Night stock cars. Like street stocks and bomber cars seen on small short tracks. Candidates would be a Nova, Chevelle, Mustang, Camaro, etc.

Are they planning some new tools? I wouldn't say no to street stock kits, maybe the 80s era Monte Carlos and other G bodies that used to be so common. Ministocks would be cool too. Pintos, and VW bugs used to race at our local track and were a lot of fun to watch.

As far as rereleases they may do, I don't build anything but 1/24th-1/25th kits, but I do have a soft spot for Revells old 1/32nd dragsters and van models. If they have any more of the 1/25th Funny cars or Pro Stocks, those would be appreciated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

Are they planning some new tools? I wouldn't say no to street stock kits, maybe the 80s era Monte Carlos and other G bodies that used to be so common. Ministocks would be cool too. Pintos, and VW bugs used to race at our local track and were a lot of fun to watch.

As far as rereleases they may do, I don't build anything but 1/24th-1/25th kits, but I do have a soft spot for Revells old 1/32nd dragsters and van models. If they have any more of the 1/25th Funny cars or Pro Stocks, those would be appreciated.

If they show up, I'll see what they have for the future. I just like the old street stock and bomber cars. The 1st duty of a junkie is to protect his stash.