Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

5 minutes ago, High octane said:

Whatever the outcome won't affect a lot of us as we'll just have to start building some of the kits out of our forever growing stash. OMG!

HAHAHAHA....If I would sit down and build what I have now,I would still not even finish what I have .... even when I retire in 7yrs and work triple time on my stash..... :P

1 hour ago, Badluck 13 said:

HAHAHAHA....If I would sit down and build what I have now,I would still not even finish what I have .... even when I retire in 7yrs and work triple time on my stash..... :P

I've been retired for awhile and really don't get to finish that many model kits per year. Yes my retirement is busy and I'm definitely not bored.

5 hours ago, High octane said:

Whatever the outcome won't affect a lot of us as we'll just have to start building some of the kits out of our forever growing stash. OMG!

That's a fact, my wife tells me that even though I was retired 17years ago that if I started finishing a few of the to numerous to count kits I have started that if I gave up everything, even sleeping and eating it would probably be into the next century before I came anywhere near close to getting my stash down to where I NEEDED any NEW kits. Notice I said NEEDED, because we all know we WANT everything that strikes our imagination, either because it was something we built way back when, or it's something totally new, or just because we want it, and want it NOW!

Edited by horsepower

21 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

All American hot rods and muscle car kits will be scrapped as Revell embarks on a bold new direction.  The first result will be a large scale kit of the beloved Zundapp Janus.

Janus01.jpg

NO THANKS! Wouldn't even want one 1:1

I figure that, having read so much about "artistic interpretation" from modelers who have nothing but disdain for accuracy, either historical, visual, or technical, coupled with the prevailing attitudes that "a REAL modeler can fix whatever's wrong" and the constant griping about price, the smart and business-savvy Germans will introduce a line of Palmer-quality kits that cost $5. That should satisfy the vocal majority of the US model car market nicely.

But the collector's market won't be ignored,  when Revell unveils its new "Box Art"  line.  No kits, just limited edition boxes illustrated by leading automotive artists.   Each box will contain random pieces of styrene to capture the authentic heft and sound of an actual model kit.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

4 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

All American hot rods and muscle car kits will be scrapped as Revell embarks on a bold new direction.  The first result will be a large scale kit of the beloved Zundapp Janus.

Janus01.jpg

Please, say it isn't so.

4 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Janus01.jpg

Hi,

Wouldn't that be a hoot to get valet parked...

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

But the collector's market won't be ignored,  when Revell unveils its new "Box Art"  line.  No kits, just limited edition boxes illustrated by leading automotive artists.   Each box will contain random pieces of styrene to capture the authentic heft and sound of an actual model kit.

:lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

And in the fine print it will say 'content may not match illustrations'. 

8 hours ago, peter31a said:

No, not going to speculate. My hope is that, shortly after the confirmation of the sale tomorrow, the new owners make some sort of statement of their plans for Revell USA and what they are doing moving forward.

Talk about a waste of time, and the point would be for what?,  just sit back and relax and wait to find out what is going to happen, speculating does nothing productive.

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I figure that, having read so much about "artistic interpretation" from modelers who have nothing but disdain for accuracy, either historical, visual, or technical, coupled with the prevailing attitudes that "a REAL modeler can fix whatever's wrong" and the constant griping about price, the smart and business-savvy Germans will introduce a line of Palmer-quality kits that cost $5. That should satisfy the vocal majority of the US model car market nicely.

Seriously, some cheap and easy to assemble kits for younger modelers might not be a bad idea.

10 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Seriously, some cheap and easy to assemble kits for younger modelers might not be a bad idea.

Well, they have the Snap Tite and the Junior Kit lines for younger modelers now..

Edited by Rob Hall

Why can't we recklessly speculate? It's the only fun some people around here on going to be able to have in regards to their feels about the death of the U.S. division of Revell, at least in the short term. I suspect many people will not be particularly thrilled with the actual reality of the situation.

39 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I suspect many people will not be particularly thrilled with the actual reality of the situation.

If I am thinking I know what you are talking about, no they wont,  we are gonna need a large tube of popcorn ready.