Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

To save even more money, instructions will only be available if you get the Revell app for your phone, and even then, only in German.

Die Ansaugkrümmer des Zementeinlasses rasten in die Schlitze des Getriebe-Schwalbenschwanzes ein, wobei darauf geachtet wird, dass kein Zement von den Fingern über die gesamte Windschutzscheibe gelangt

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

To save even more money, instructions will only be available if you get the Revell app for your phone, and even then, only in German.

Die Ansaugkrümmer des Zementeinlasses rasten in die Schlitze des Getriebe-Schwalbenschwanzes ein, wobei darauf geachtet wird, dass kein Zement von den Fingern über die gesamte Windschutzscheibe gelangt

Not really a terrible idea, saves a ton on paper,  and money,  make instruction available as a PDF  on their website ,  I would be get behind that,  people could print off any pages they may want.  I say bring it on.

A lot tech stuff no longer includes the old user manual, if you want or need it, you visit the company website and get the file yourself, I am not saying I always agree with it or like it, but so far, I have not noticed a difference in my life by the switch.

Edited by martinfan5

5 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Not really a terrible idea, saves a ton on paper,  and money,  make instruction available as a PDF  on their website ,  I would be get behind that,  people could print off any pages they may want.  I say bring it on.

A lot tech stuff no longer includes the old user manual, if you want or need it, you visit the company website and get the file yourself, I am not saying I always agree with it or like it, but so far, I have not noticed a difference in my life by the switch.

Doesn't Revell DE already have a whole load of instructions in PDF format available for downloads on their website?

16 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Ok, I don't speak german but google translate is very good at making abolute nonsense of meaningfull text. So after a few times trough the translater I got this answer:

Make sure the cement does not bring the cement to the windshield with your finger by connecting the inlet pipes to the cement inlet

Here it is in everybody's favorite pseudo-lingo, Esperanto:

Certiĝu la cemento ne alkondukos la cemento al la antaŭa glaco kun via fingro 
konektante la fjordo pipoj al la cemento fjordo.

Sure clears things up, eh?

Something was lost in translation..tried to go German to Klingon.

'e' SIch nItlh cement pagh wo' 'e' rIn naQ windshield chu' qaStaHvIS gearbox swallowtail SaH SuD slots intake manifold cement inlet'e' SIch nItlh cement pagh wo' 'e' rIn naQ windshield chu' 

1 hour ago, Atmobil said:

No more instruction! What will I use to wipe the paint off my hands?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11 hours ago, peteski said:

Doesn't Revell DE already have a whole load of instructions in PDF format available for downloads on their website?

Yes, so it would be very easy for them to switch over to paperless instructions,   I would say maybe keep some info in the kit, like decal placement if you will and say maybe the paint table for the the kit.

19 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

And Hermann gave nearly every car he redid the same rear treatment - cribbed from the GM LeSabre show car.

https://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Spohn_Coachworks

Loses something in the translation on the '50 Chrysler sedan...:blink:

Hermann Spohn knew a thing or two about how to craft a body.  Unfortunately, he was long gone by this time, the guy who was in charge Josef Eiwanger Jr. did not.  Now if you believe this article, the clients were responsible as well http://www.forgottenfiberglass.com/sport-custom-cars/hermann-spohn-coachbuilder-by-wayne-r-graefen/

Of course that more than one Spohn body looked like that suggests you can't blame it all on the client.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

So essentially, two days after we were lead to believe a statement would be forthcoming, nothing? 
Really?
I sure hope someone has some insight. I wouldn't even know what to search for.

3 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

So essentially, two days after we were lead to believe a statement would be forthcoming, nothing? 
Really?

No, it is two days after people assumed a statement would be forthcoming. The owners do not owe us an explanation (although it would be nice).

5/8 was just the day the sale became final.

3 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

Really?

But don't let that stop a few here from speculating about they think will happen.

Interesting reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revell

These statements found near the end of the article:

Recent history[edit]

In 1994, Revell-Monogram was purchased by Hallmark Cards as part of its Binney and Smith division (the owners of famous Crayola crayons; see Shope 1994). This relationship lasted for thirteen years. On May 2, 2007, Hobbico, Inc. announced it had acquired American Revell-Monogram, LLC, corporate owner of the Revell name (Dodson 2007). The Revell name now stands alone in the company logo, without the Monogram name also present, though Monogram still exists as an important line of models in the Revell stable. Hobbico also acquired Revell of Germany in 2012, reuniting the two brands under one banner, but often models sold in the U.S. show Revell Germany as the parent with Hobbico nowhere labeled.

On January 10th, 2018, Hobbico, Inc. [12] filed for bankruptcy protection. The future of Revell company is not clear at this moment.

As of April 13, 2018 Revell USA ceased operations.