Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your Bucket List Kits?

Last April I found one of my grails, the Tamiya  FW 24. It was the only 1/20th Tamiya  F-1 car  that I didn't have in my stash. My next choices would probably be a complete AMT '62 Buick Special station wagon kit and an MPC '67 STP turbine car.  I ruined the Special as a kid and I recently obtained a built up one. The turbine car I've never had and always thought it was a cool car. 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Wasn't that reissued a couple years ago? I seem to remember it was.....:huh:

it absolutely was.

An AMT (Model King) repop.

It was reissued in limited numbers a few years ago & is not terribly difficult to find.

So we know that AMT still possesses the molds.

It could be reissued again at any time.

Steve

2v2J8ssrdxwUbWP.jpg

20 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

it absolutely was.

An AMT (Model King) repop.

It was reissued in limited numbers a few years ago & is not terribly difficult to find.

So we know that AMT still possesses the molds.

It could be reissued again at any time.

Steve

2v2J8ssrdxwUbWP.jpg

They are hard to find and if one pops up on EBay. Final pricing is high. I can’t pay $70 for a kit. But it.was my first car, Black with red interior. Only had a 6 cylinder in it but it was a sharp car.

I have a '67 Ford Galaxie convertible rebuilder, and a '69 Galaxie kit, so the '68 Galaxie is on my grail shopping list, too. A bit scarce, and out of my range when I do see one!

Another Ford on the grail list is a decent '58. I prefer a kit, but a good ,reasonably priced rebuilder would do.

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

My second car. Red on red. 289 engine. Built one to replicate my 1:1 car. Bought when it came out so wasn't that expensive.

I wasn’t building when it was last issued or believe me, I’d have one. Maybe one day.  :) 

I’m going to build one of my other favorite carS that I owned. 1964 Galaxies. Light yellow with black interior. 390 4 barrel with auto. That car would move. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ich_Will said:

I want to do two more Tamiya Rothman's 956 kits...so I have all three numbers. Not much of a stretch but I think it would be fun.

I recently acquired one of those from an estate, and just looked at eBay to see .... ok ..... glad I snagged it.

I happened to have filed a few pages from old catalogs, been looking for :
Testors - Sportstar resin kit 473, don't think they got around to producing it, about the time Boyd died.
Airfix - Maserati Boomerang
Heller - Bugatti T50 1931Jaguar E Type coupe
Otaki - Lamborghini Cheetah

I'm not asking for much.  :P

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

They are hard to find and if one pops up on EBay. Final pricing is high. I can’t pay $70 for a kit. But it.was my first car, Black with red interior. Only had a 6 cylinder in it but it was a sharp car.

Well, they're not exactly like picking up stones from a gravel road, but they are out there.

As far as price goes, any time you have a kit that is OOP, you are going to have to pay a price for it.

$70.00 may sound high, but it all depends on how badly you want one.

You can buy 3 modern kits that you can live without, or you can save your money & buy one that you really want.

It's all relative.

As they say, you have to pay to play. :)

Or, you can wait & hope that Round 2 re-issues it sometime before we die!

Steve