Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Revell (Germany)

Luc Janssens

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

Hey guys,

found the following on the interweb....

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-im-i-quartal-2019/

Ahh good I've wanted one of the Büssing trucks ever since I realized it was discontinued (isn't that always the way), and haven't felt like paying the rabid "VHTF SUPER RARE" eBay pricing.

46 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

The following is interesting....

"Eines sei vorweg schon verraten: Im Maßstab 1:24 wird ein echter Knaller im Fahrzeugbereich auf uns warten!"

Let the guessing begin!

:D

"One thing beforehand already betrayed: in 1:24 scale, a real bang in the vehicle area will be waiting for us"

Hmm...something interesting coming in 1/24th. 

No real reason to get excited for the automotive modelers. The Apollo astronaut will be cool to have available. The two weird things I see are the Star Trek Enterprise. AS long I can remember, that has always been a AMT license. Finally the Da Vinci kits. Neat kits that no one will buy.

2 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

The following is interesting....

"Eines sei vorweg schon verraten: Im Maßstab 1:24 wird ein echter Knaller im Fahrzeugbereich auf uns warten!"

Let the guessing begin!

:D

Maybe the new 911, which will be introduced very soon, given their Porsche license.

2 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Maybe this means I can get replacements for the Unimog tires that are melted blobs.  Unless someone knows of an alternative?

No alternative AFAIK. Those big Dunlop tires seem unique to these kits (and maybe the Revell Mercedes fire trucks, I haven't checked). But I've also seen the Unimog melting-tire problem and griped about it somewhere on this board.  In the process of melting, the tires also "sweat" an oily residue that will ruin anything it touches. Like the body, which is an unbagged part in those kits.

That RW-1 Unimog must be a popular kit. I have a version of it from 1987. I know Revell has also done more modern Unimog fire rigs.

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ahh good I've wanted one of the Büssing trucks ever since I realized it was discontinued (isn't that always the way), and haven't felt like paying the rabid "VHTF SUPER RARE" eBay pricing.

This is a great kit, with lots of detail. A reissue will solve the main problem with the original kit; the decals yellowed before they left the factory!!! I sold mine last year, and occasionally kick myself for getting rid of it.

51 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

No alternative AFAIK. Those big Dunlop tires seem unique to these kits (and maybe the Revell Mercedes fire trucks, I haven't checked). But I've also seen the Unimog melting-tire problem and griped about it somewhere on this board.  In the process of melting, the tires also "sweat" an oily residue that will ruin anything it touches. Like the body, which is an unbagged part in those kits.

That RW-1 Unimog must be a popular kit. I have a version of it from 1987. I know Revell has also done more modern Unimog fire rigs.

I've had my Unimog kit for a few years (the blue one w/ the covered truck bed), and had no tire issues so far.  I've left the tires bagged. 

Personally I'm glad the 934 is coming in (phantom) Martini livery; never got the others as those liveries aren't my favorite. Molded in white is a big plus even if you don't use the Martini livery. Of course there will need to be the usual suspension surgery to fix the inexplicable "safari version" ride height these kits are afflicted with...;)

1 hour ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Personally I'm glad the 934 is coming in (phantom) Martini livery; never got the others as those liveries aren't my favorite. Molded in white is a big plus even if you don't use the Martini livery. Of course there will need to be the usual suspension surgery to fix the inexplicable "safari version" ride height these kits are afflicted with...;)

I dug and dug and I found someone who made a tribute Martini 934 with that exact livery and car number, which means it must have run some race somewhere at some point in 1974/1975, and Martini was sponsoring pretty much every other 911 variant at the time and there are definitely 935s pre-Kremerfication.

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I dug and dug and I found someone who made a tribute Martini 934 with that exact livery and car number, which means it must have run some race somewhere at some point in 1974/1975, and Martini was sponsoring pretty much every other 911 variant at the time and there are definitely 935s pre-Kremerfication.

Interesting; Mike Quarterman mentioned it was a phantom livery but I'm not worried either way as the boxart livery looks good to me. Brumos livery would be fun too...