Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

Nice!  I have the 1/18 yat ming.  May look into a 1/43.   Little detail paint and be good to go.  THanks for finding.   Might look for the Kyosho and see how pricey they are.   I've never been able to afford a Kyosho for more than a minute.   I think I had a 1/18 BMW roadster last year bought as part of a collection and moved it on out.  Didn't work with my stuff at all.

Edited by randyc

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new acquisitions

University of Racing Champions (Icons) released their latest wing car. Bobby Isaac's K & K Insurance 1969 Dodge Daytona. It's amazing how many people have been waiting for these cars to be released. What's really remarkable to me is how few races they actually won (6) over the couple of years they raced. You'd have thought they were more successful the way everyone remembers how fast and powerful they were. I'm hoping the first winner, Richard Brickhouse is released soon. The Ray Nichels 99 car was one of the most beautiful cars ever raced.

IsaacDaytona-vi.jpg

My quest to obtain all the Danbury Mint Budweiser Delivery Trucks for less than $50 each gets a little more complete with the 1937 Chevrolet in standard livery. They also made a Christmas version. I'll need that one, the 1931 Ford Delivery, and the 1933 International Truck to complete my set. These are not my pictures, I haven't seen the diecast yet. Back in Canada again.

sl160011-vi.jpg

Edited by THarrison351

12 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

My quest to obtain all the Danbury Mint Budweiser Delivery Trucks for less than $50 each gets a little more complete with the 1937 Chevrolet in standard livery. They also made a Christmas version. I'll need that one, the 1931 Ford Delivery, and the 1933 International Truck to complete my set. These are not my pictures, I haven't seen the diecast yet. Back in Canada again.

If you can't find a 31 delivery, hit me up.  We can work something out.  I have one and would be willing to let it go to a good home.  

We've all seen this one, but found them on sale at HL.  Got a white and blue one.  Wife likes white on so blue can go to a new home.  Hit me up with trades if anyone wants it.  1/24 scale.  

IMG_20190707_140412002.jpg

IMG_20190707_140350938.jpg

IMG_20190707_140358293.jpg

Edited by randyc

On 6/12/2019 at 2:48 PM, Gramps46 said:

I finally found a Franklin Mint Cobra I was comfortable affording.  It is the "bare aluminum" version of CSX3036. The seller warned it was from an estate and I appreciate the warning and the reduced price.  The driver side wind wing is missing and one of the jack forks is also.  The body needs cleaning as there are black spots all over it but shouldn't be too hard to clean.

This is my first Franklin Mint Cobra and I am anxious to compare it to the WIX, Welly, and ICONS diecast versions.  One thing I did notice which surprised me was the side pipes are plastic.

20190612_142652.jpg.be0133aba40511168410bb9142e11100.jpg

Nice score Gary.  I also have this version.

58 minutes ago, randyc said:

We've all seen this one, but found them on sale at HL.  Got a white and blue one.  Wife likes white on so blue can go to a new home.  Hit me up with trades if anyone wants it.  1/24 scale.  

I liked this one too, and it didn't take much Snake-Fu to get on the shelf: 

1 hour ago, randyc said:

I have 2 of these in blue, one for me and one for my newborn son. Probably will get the white version also. They're not bad for the price.

24 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I liked this one too, and it didn't take much Snake-Fu to get on the shelf: 

Yep, that's why I said we've all seen it before.  I couldn't remember who, but knew it had been on here.  I've got so may things to do, I have no diea if I'll ever have time to do any detailing on it.   But as you said - it doesn't need much.   I'm not even sure where if tis in my collection, but on sale, I'll take about anything - someone else may want it.  I like the blue better and have nowhere to put either of them right now...

1 hour ago, Geno said:

Picked this one up at the local Wally World last night. These are pretty decent models for the price and the color rocks.:D

chevrolet-camaro-zl1-2017-gruen-metallic-modellauto-1-24-motormax.jpg

I've seen these a couple times. I like the car and model and I love the color BUT every one I've seen has paint issues--looks like a candy paint that ran and built up around sharp edges. If I ever run across one that's the same color all over, I'll buy it. 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Snake45 said:

I've seen these a couple times. I like the car and model and I love the color BUT every one I've seen has paint issues--looks like a candy paint that ran and built up around sharp edges. If I ever run across one that's the same color all over, I'll buy it. 

Saw another one today with the same crummy paint problems, and this one had a big paint booger right on top of the left front fender to boot. I'll wait for a good one to come along. 

I've done the same Rich and I haven't been able to find one without said issues but this is the color I wanted on this model so I took the plunge lol. I'll just have to live with it. ;):)

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got the 1/24th WhiteBox Citroen Ami 6 and Citroen SM today.   I enjoy the offbeat French cars. 

I actually was looking at those WhiteBox offerings yesterday and was tempted but still waiting on a couple of Porsches to arrive so decided I best wait.  Now you post your pictures and the temptation meter is pegged again.  Thanks for sharing though.

9 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

This 1:43 diecast should be arriving later today...... it's an Oxford Diecast Austin Princess Hearse in black. The real hearse was produced from 1947 but this one has a registration number plate that indicates it is 1968.

David

It still amazes me the level of detail that can be found in these 1/43rd models.

11 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

It still amazes me the level of detail that can be found in these 1/43rd models.

You need to come over to the dark side (1/43 scale).   There are some really nice models and not all of them are expensive.

I did stop buying 1/18 as they just take up too much room and most have less detail than FM or DM 1/24 models.  The pics do not include any of my Mustangs.

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

13 hours ago, vamach1 said:

You need to come over to the dark side (1/43 scale).   There are some really nice models and not all of them are expensive.

OMG Rex, I had no idea of the extent of your "dark side" collection.  Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Nice 1/43s.   I have some of every scale, even micro machines from back in the day.  I guess if one looks, they can find enough of any scale to build a nice collection.  I quit 1/18 as well, because of size and poor detail on the Ertl stuff and can't afford the high end things, at least to have a collection like I want.  

• 3 weeks later...

Between the local toy show and a trip to the next town's Rite Aid, I scored FOUR new diecasts for a grand total of $45! Not bad!

*Welly Porsche 356, silver (they also had one in red). 

*Welly '67 Mustang GT, red (it seems to be different from the Maisto I already have--it might even be true 1/25).

*Welly '68 Camaro Z/28, red (again, it might be different from the yellow Maisto I already have, but even if it's the same, hey, it's RED!). 

*Maisto '70-'72 Corvette coupe in a metallic orangish color not far from '68 Corvette Bronze. Will have to do some research and figger out what it's supposed to be, but it looks nice. Never seen or heard of this one before. 

Pics as soon as I can take and process them, but prolly won't be today (got too much actual model work to do).