Model Cars Magazine Forum

Board Spam Attack

Two years ago, we banned an individual, Anthony Oteri.

He has worked he way back on to the board and is now planning to send people messages regarding his views of his conduct, our conduct, and the outcomes. We'd much prefer that he take the hint, and go elsewhere, except it's my understanding that several other boards have banned him too. 

If you receive any unwanted private messages, please report them to us, so we can shut down his other accounts. 

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

Dave, can you tell us what his user name was? 

Most people here don't use their real name as their user name and sometimes either don't show their real name anywhere or make one up. 

I've noticed a couple here claiming "real names" that I recognize from books, music, TV, etc that's too much of a coincidence to be real. 

Edited by Can-Con

6 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Dave, can you tell us what his user name was? 

Most people here don't use their real name as their user name and either don't show their real name anywhere or make one up. 

I've noticed a couple here claiming "real names" that I recognize from books, music, TV, etc that's too much of a coincidence to be real. 

At this point, we don't know what account(s) he'll be using. All his known and suspected accounts are either disabled or under moderation.

If you see an account with a clearly fake name. Please report it to us. 

ego my friend n jealousy so he always think that he is the best of the best so he will do everything possible so that people admire him like a god.  Think like that have in previous scale model club , he have said n done  to , he speek to other in bad ways of us n destroy the web site of the club by virus.

When I was a moderator at another car forum, we had the same problem with a certain individual. He would keep coming back with a different username, but the IP address would always give him away. 

Its a shame when one must babysit an adult that prefers to be a keyboard warrior.  I’m not sure what infractions he has but, he probably isn’t even s bad guy off the forums, but some people just get a little brave when on a forum, and not dealing with people face to face. 

A big non no here is starting arguments with other members and or trying to discredit others abilities or knowledge about things.

Sure, disagreements happen but to prolong and instigate more on top of what is already there, rather than just agreeing to disagree and letting it go is a thing that can tear a site apart.

The member in question was one that practiced this regularly and it is sad because he is a really good modeler and has a lot to offer to the hobby but like a lot of talented people has an ego too big to handle.

Richie, just look at the forum rules and follow them and you have nothing to worry about.

That from one that has learned from experience!

3 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

A big non no here is starting arguments with other members and or trying to discredit others abilities or knowledge about things.

Sure, disagreements happen but to prolong and instigate more on top of what is already there, rather than just agreeing to disagree and letting it go is a thing that can tear a site apart.

The member in question was one that practiced this regularly and it is sad because he is a really good modeler and has a lot to offer to the hobby but like a lot of talented people has an ego too big to handle.

Richie, just look at the forum rules and follow them and you have nothing to worry about.

That from one that has learned from experience!

Exactly. Also as I stated above, “ I’m not sure what infractions he has”, but I’m sure he was most likely warned, more than once, before being banned. 

If the guy in question is such a good truck modeller, maybe he should put his abilities to more better use like writing articles for Truck Model World Magazine, Scale Auto or MCM instead of wasting his time and every body else's by trolling under different pseudonyms. A bit like the saddo at the end of a bar muttering into his beer about how the world is against him instead of doing something positive.

Edited by Bugatti Fan
Typo errors.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:49 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

If the guy in question is such a good truck modeller, maybe he should put his abilities to more better use like writing articles for Truck Model World Magazine, Scale Auto or MCM instead of wasting his time and every body else's by trolling under different pseudonyms. A bit like the saddo at the end of a bar muttering into his beer about how the world is against him instead of doing something positive.

….or Classic Truck Modeler magazine.....    TIM