Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Charger Squad - Post Pics of your Chargers

RDean58

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

These are the only two I have built. I have (1) '67, (2) '68s, (3) '69s and (2) '70s (all different versions) to build. I like the '68 grille and the '70 tail panels the best.

'69 Charger RT 426 Hemi B.jpg

'69 Dodge Daytona 440-6 A.jpg

What did you do to modify the Daytona chassis' back half?

Is the Daytona an MPC kit?

On 7/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Peter Lombardo said:

dodge_charger_roadster_concept_car_5.jpeThis is the original 1964 Dodge Charger Concept car.   Many, many years ago I built this car.  It is a little "long in the tooth" now and showing its age, but I dragged it out and took a couple of new pictures of it.ku60jkkIGNjJlQ5xqcLSrx7WMsO5W-ezGsRLrjDf4CpejepTmg3mdqQ1cDN_Xxk-DcQEKAZFXFAnbwhMu9jXRK3Q0-WJp3fzT1F6ptU8ixN7PtTY7US1CqjlM6kuW1Vi5AukDIWSYAdF42YwwUl392u6yGEv1XQ6

Excellent!  I was wondering if this one was ever done as a kit, or did you do the conversion all your self?

2130508503_A.M.T.2rearview.jpg.66030bd62dee63edd7fd4652e22fa49a.jpg

On 11/13/2019 at 8:29 AM, crowe-t said:

What did you do to modify the Daytona chassis' back half?

Is the Daytona an MPC kit?

Actually nothing. The wheelwells were already big enough to take the meaty tires. (Barely) I believe it is a 2003 reissue of an AMT kit. This is the only rear view pic I have on my PC.

Edited by Bills72sj
added photo
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, spencer1984 said:

My most recent Charger...

city-slicker-01.jpg.792c17858d230528c56f6f8c16d8f1c3.jpg

What movie or TV show is that one from, Bill? (BTW, that photo could be mistaken for a real car.) 

Did you catch my satin black '69 above? That's the ERTL Deathproof diecast, which I saw on your website as I was researching what I'd just bought at the toy show. Had to hit it with a little Snake-Fu, of course. 

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

What movie or TV show is that one from, Bill? (BTW, that photo could be mistaken for a real car.) 

Did you catch my satin black '69 above? That's the ERTL Deathproof diecast, which I saw on your website as I was researching what I'd just bought at the toy show. Had to hit it with a little Snake-Fu, of course. 

Thanks, this was tribute to box artists. Don Greer did the art for MPC's City Slicker, with supplemental work by James Hood.

I did, the extra detailing really helps the old Charger - nicely done!  How did you remove the hood deco? Any time I do, I usually use alcohol with a final polishing to get rid of the outline, but that would have made the hood shiny.