Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 330 P4 "post-race"

ATHU

1 hour ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Question, and not a big deal..... I went back to look at this build again and noticed, and maybe I am wrong, but are those Firestone tires on the car with a Goodyear sponsor logo on the car.  No biggy, just wondering.

Thanks for your comment! You're not wrong it's Firestones. Initially I had used the Goodyear ones provided with the kit, but unfortunately they had somehow "reacted" with the plastic bag which the tires were stored in when the kit was put away some years ago. So I decided to use the Firestone decals instead.

32 minutes ago, Rider said:

That looks the part very much, great job.

Thanks very much!!

Edited by ATHU

On 8/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, 89AKurt said:

Very cool ?, I *love* the weathering!  Wish more people would try doing it, gives realism that no factory die cast can ever hope for.  I have one of those kits, but don't recall the funky mirrors, am I going senile?

Thanks!! The mirrors were included in the kit.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:56 AM, Super Mario said:

I am building the exact same kit that has the photo etch too. I want to do the weathering like yours; very realistic than being show room new.

did you have a build log? How did you get the grime all over it? Looks spot on 

Thank you!!

I used an airbrush with low pressure and different shades of brown and grey acrylics to create the grime.