Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1971 Boss 351 Mustang

• 2 weeks later...

Holy carp this is exciting news!Ā  I haven't picked up a new release in years but have always kept an eye open for a new tool of a 70 Cougar Eliminator, 71-73 Cougar, 71-73 Mustang, and 68/69 or 70/71 Cyclone Spoiler. Prayers answered!Ā  Ā 

Edited by ubermodel
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Revell USA updated their cover photo on Facebook, so guess it won't be long now....

Also Robert Glucksman posted some photos from his box-art build there.

Ā 

340923094_882213699541966_5925856198726513973_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=FQ6Fen7RA4oAX-sI5cl&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru5-1.fna&oh=00_AfCEgSD6oQIKohRyIu4pepiwcqkSRD9cFsch2iJlQ3HARw&oe=64397C16

More cats out of the bag on the Revell facebook page. Ā Check out the Eleanor hood and ā€œcorrectā€ mix of the 71 bumper and turn signals and 73 grille JUST like the modified movie car. Ā Iā€™m guessing a 2024 release date and making a stock 73 Mach1 will not be that hard with just some parts swapping and hopefully they mold the larger 73 bumper just for fun.

6E4A5EF5-6A79-4207-A149-B4AF500C6CB8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

More cats out of the bag on the Revell facebook page. Ā Check out the Eleanor hood and ā€œcorrectā€ mix of the 71 bumper and turn signals and 73 grille JUST like the modified movie car. Ā Iā€™m guessing a 2024 release date and making a stock 73 Mach1 will not be that hard with just some parts swapping and hopefully they mold the larger 73 bumper just for fun.

Are these test shots of the James Bond version?Ā 

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

It's supposed to be out in the 4Q of this year. It's just a couple of runners of parts that were already tooled up at the beginning. All this kit will be is swapping some inserts out with the Boss specific parts.Ā 

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt T. said:

Those look to be a Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor version w/ the '73 grille and plain hood. Ā The Bond version will be a '71 Mach 1. Ā So at least 3 versions coming maybe...

Ā 

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Man, thanks for sharing this news! Iā€™d bought a resin wheel set (hadnā€™t found a flat hood) and the AMT ā€˜73 years ago but it seemed so ordinary it was going to be a waste of resources so I could never get started on it. This is a long term fanā€™s dream come true! I also have to add that Iā€™ve learned so much about the movie car from your posts Vamach1 (I think thatā€™s what put me off starting the AMT šŸ˜Š)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt T. said:

These are the ā€œEleanorā€ parts but of course the wheels and the front bumper will be the same as the 007 Mach1 so in essence the grille and flat hood are the only non 007 parts.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:43 AM, niteowl7710 said:

Last update I've seen is Mid-June for the Euro release.Ā  With the '71 442, kits were available in both boxings within a week or so of each other.Ā  Revell had a display somewhere in Europe over the weekend - believe it was the UK - where they were advertising all of the Bond kits to be released later this year, so this version of the Mustang has to get moving or it's going to be lapped by the Bond reissue.

Did Round2 lose the Bond license? Also is Revell thinking of doing the notchback body?

On 4/13/2023 at 4:38 PM, lordairgtar said:

Did Round2 lose the Bond license? Also is Revell thinking of doing the notchback body?

As for a notchback or coupe body I doubt it. Ā I would not bet on a convertible version either but I hope Iā€™m wrong.

Edited by vamach1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...