Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis models for 2021 !!!!

gbdolfans

35 minutes ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

... Isn't there supposed to be two engines with this? ...

When I first saw the photos earlier today I thought the same thing. So I went to the Atlantis description of the kit. Currently it says "...This kit comes from the old custom car parts. Atlantis has retooled and fixed many of them to bring this kit to life. The kit will be molded in white and chrome with newly tooled tires. Features Dragmaster chassis, tons of extra customizing parts, detailed chevy engine with potvin manifold..." No mention of a second engine. Now either they changed it from earlier or I was conflating this kit with the recent announcement of the Fiat altered which is supposed to come with 2 motors(viz. "...Includes two  engines, wiring and custom decals.  ...").

Edited by Bernard Kron

4 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Isn't there supposed to be two engines with this? -RRR

That was how some retailers had the kit listed apparently, yeah:

I’m not disappointed either way, nice as a second engine would’ve been.  Mine looks like it’s arriving at the weekend - I really wanted some extra wheels for another project so I’m DELIGHTED that it has those…and I picked up one of the Gopher racing slingshot frame reissues in the summer so now I have parts for that too!

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

LOTS of extra goodies........Atlantis is looking VERY smart right now. Not having to wait for a container from ASIA, huge cost increases......that bid for the Revell Monogram tooling is looking like the move of the century! 

i totally agree,

13 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

The roadster chassis speed equipment piece isn't plated???? AAARAGAGAHAHGHHH!!!! Off to the platers... Isn't there supposed to be two engines with this? -RRR

13 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

When I first saw the photos earlier today I thought the same thing. So I went to the Atlantis description of the kit. Currently it says "...This kit comes from the old custom car parts. Atlantis has retooled and fixed many of them to bring this kit to life. The kit will be molded in white and chrome with newly tooled tires. Features Dragmaster chassis, tons of extra customizing parts, detailed chevy engine with potvin manifold..." No mention of a second engine. Now either they changed it from earlier or I was conflating this kit with the recent announcement of the Fiat altered which is supposed to come with 2 motors(viz. "...Includes two  engines, wiring and custom decals.  ...").

I think the confusion comes from the fact that when Atlantis showcased all those upcoming new projects at the IPMS Nationals over the Summer they said the new parts pack based kits would include two engines. Since this kit was announced well before those , and is essentially a replica of an actual vehicle, I guess they elected to not add another engine. I was a little surprised too when i saw it only had the Chevy, but the more I thought about it it's not that surprising to me.

Super stoked to get this kit in my hands. Soooo many extra parts!!!

22 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I think the confusion comes from the fact that when Atlantis showcased all those upcoming new projects at the IPMS Nationals over the Summer they said the new parts pack based kits would include two engines. Since this kit was announced well before those , and is essentially a replica of an actual vehicle, I guess they elected to not add another engine. I was a little surprised too when i saw it only had the Chevy, but the more I thought about it it's not that surprising to me.

Super stoked to get this kit in my hands. Soooo many extra parts!!!

Yeah, it's still amazing that these old parts packs are being resurrected. It will certainly be interesting to see how many of these old packs https://public.fotki.com/jferren/revell-parts-packs/  Atlantis has, the Fiat will be a welcome companion. I wonder if they have the BSA, Triumph, Honda and Harley motorcycle packs? That would be amazing if they released all four in one box! Bring 'em on!!! 

-RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Atlantis has been selling certain parts from some of their kits as stand-alone items - the 1/16th drag tires, for example.

I hope they see fit to do the same with these 'parts pack' parts - I'd bet they'd sell a TONNE if they're priced right.

2 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Yeah, it's still amazing that these old parts packs are being resurrected. It will certainly be interesting to see how many of these old packs https://public.fotki.com/jferren/revell-parts-packs/  Atlantis has, the Fiat will be a welcome companion. I wonder if they have the BSA, Triumph, Honda and Harley motorcycle packs? That would be amazing if they released all four in one box! Bring 'em on!!! 

-RRR

Atlantis' representatives have already stated that they did not get the motorcycle packs in the deal with Revell, and at least one piece of info suggested that they no longer exist.

21 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Some people online are saying parts for Moon Eyes build are missing from kit......they did not say which.....anyone that has one???

I got mine today. It doesn't appear any items are missing. It's a collection of five previously issued Revell Parts Packs, so I'm not sure how one would say 'parts are missing' . I suppose one could argue that the parts in box don't really allow one to build an accurate Mooneyes dragster replica. ????? -RRR

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

Can someone post a description or quick pics of the instructions. I'm wondering, particular, what is on the roadster chassis that they had to include it.

there's one part, a trianulated wishbone suspension part.....will post up. 

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

23 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

Can someone post a description or quick pics of the instructions. I'm wondering, particular, what is on the roadster chassis that they had to include it.

4 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Instructions for Slingster Dragster.

Oops. I got caught up in the conversational moment and was unclear. Can someone post the Atlantis Mooneyes Dragster instructions?

2 minutes ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

there's one part, a trianulated suspension part.....will post up. 

Thanks RRR. I think you pointed that out earlier. Amazingly generous of Atlantis, either that or they planned on being far too busy shipping product to mold up one measly part, LOL...

As built out of the box, on the shelf the kit will look correct.  There will be some inaccuracies that won't be readily seen (the Hydra-Matic transmission for one, and I'm not certain what rear axle was in the 1:1 car).  But 99% of the builders interested in the 1:1 car will have a bunch of parts on hand to make the corrections if they wish to do so.  The small-block Chevy engine in the AMT parts pack will have an in/out box to replace the transmission, and if the rear axle is incorrect it will be easy to scrounge the right one.  Having to switch a couple of parts shouldn't dim any enthusiasm when you consider that the individual parts packs haven't been generally available since the mid/late Sixties.

• Like 2