Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your dream hot rod

Width-of-frame channeled f'glass '32 body on American Stamping rails. 327 Chebby w/double hump heads, three Rochester 2G twos, Joe Hunt magneto. Tremec TKX 5-speed. "Culver City" Halibrand QC, gennie forged '32 front axle w/4" drop. Doors elongated and suicided. Custom windshield frame, other bits.

This model was built in 1/8 to work out how I want to do the real one.

Already have most of the parts except the QC rear end and the front axle. Just scored a pair of Jag E-type wires and hubs for the front.

DSCN0627_zpst57g2ma3.jpg

DSCN0628_zpsptjgzu9c.jpg

Mine would be a traditional '32 Ford Roadster. Full fendered. Dark Blue, maybe even a vintage factory Ford shade. Chopped windshield and black Sid Chavers Bop top. Traditional interior with tuck and roll door panels and leather seat, probably all black. Bell 4 spoke steering wheel, Gennie shifter. Steel wheels, same color as the car, on big and littles with a perfect rake. Vintage Ford caps and trim rings. Dropped and drilled axle, Halibrand QC. Snarly SMBC with a 4 speed. Ideally, a 327 with  Corvette valve covers. I also like the look of a Corvette style 2x4 bbl intake with the 2 small louvered air cleaners. Real world version would be a 350 or 383 small block with a single 4bbl, auto trans and a Ford 9" rear.

Mine would be a 30/31 Model A body with a mild chop on Deuce rails with a 50s era Olds or Caddy engine. I'd use a modern 5 or 6 speed trans. It would be a dark green with a black chassis. Rolling stock would be big and littles, probably on steel wheels.

My answer varies over time, but right now I'm thinking a '31 A Roadster Pickup on '32 Rails with 351 Cleveland (yes, Cleveland) V8 power....probably with bigs'n'littles with dirt tracker type rears, smaller and narrow fronts, and 1970's aluminum slot or salt flats style wheels.  My long time buddy Roy Brizio would be the builder....TIM