Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '66 Pontiac GTO 1/24 Scale.

rob1957

This particular package of BMF gave us some grief as pieces would tear coming off the backing paper and we had a lot of

wrinkles in our final application . This was a first and we'll continue to use their product in the future .

Maybe it was having BMF stored in the basement , which was my fault .

Nice decals with this kit .

IMG_2047.JPG

• Like 1

Some engine detail . We used Tamiya X-14 Sky Blue . Detail Masters dist kit . Did fuel line , it's on the other side.

I'm going to do some more under the hood details but I wanted to post a couple pics as we have a sunny day here , good for

outdoor pics .

This would be the 389 Pontiac power plant .

IMG_2048.JPG

Final verdict : great kit to build , ease of fit-up . Not a lot of clean up with flashing .

Red wall tires set it off . An extra set of Crager rims for custom look , we went with stock rally rims .

Not an original factory colour but lays down quite nice . I had a minor boo-boo near the trunk which was my error .

Straight outta the box for this kit and finished build is very nice indeed .

Thanks !

IMG_2050.JPG

• Like 1

Beautiful looking GTO. Very nice detailing and the color really stands out. In '66 Chevrolet offered a color called Aztec Bronze that looked very much like this. I don't recall ever seeing a GTO that color but that doesn't mean that you couldn't and from your pictures they should have. 

Turned out nice. 

Don't give up on the BMF as I have had sheets to the same thing to me.  I found that the sheets need to be stored at room temp and kept free from any moisture.  Also the age of the sheet can make a difference.  After a couple of years, the adhesive seems to go south and the sheet becomes unusable.  I replace my sheets every two or three years, just to be on the safe side. 

Thank You for comments and feedback everyone , we appreciate hearing from you .

I think we'll keep the BMF upstairs now instead of in the basement where our workbench is . 

Sometimes in summer months basement can get humid so that might have had an effect on final application.

I'm always trying to improve on my builds , learn from past mistakes and try new ideas .

That's what makes the hobby fun and enjoyable .