Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

10 hours ago, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

I wish  Round 2 had a AMC Hornet tool, with the 77 AMX parts ,I would have to buy a few ,but all I know Is they used have AMC Gremlins ,Pacers , 1 Mandator, AMXs from several years ( 68-74 that I wish they would reissue) but Jo Han seemed to have most of the AMC license . They do however have a Sunbeam Tiger tool  that could be used as the car from Dr. No. (and please Include the Get Smart parts this time)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

after digging around, it's seems AMT did a Hornet after all, if it's the same tooling as the Johan Hornet, it may be lost forever.

056614cf34cecf76e3a0315844cb6dae.gif

GetSmartSunbeamAlpine-vi.jpg

get-smart-car-kit-5.jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Great pictures, you're making me drool. But sadly, the Hornet was a Johan tool, which is gone bye-bye. The Get Smart Sunbeam would be cool, hopefully Round 2 can find the missing pieces someday. 

Which, by the way, when was the last time that kit was reissued? Maybe it's time for another run.

12 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I'm O.K. with that, getting confirmation of what it's not is almost as good as what it is...

Geez I hope it's a little younger than that, otherwise Round2 is gonna implode in less than a decade.

Based on this information and your insider contacts....what do you suspect could be coming?

11 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

If Jonathan knows, he can not reveal it. That's how it works folks!

But like you I'm very curious,  but a bit dissapointed as well.

I was asking James (Niteowl) as he seems to have a connection to what's happening with the manufacturers. I think Jonathan is speculating.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Darn....What other famous movie car (or could it be a truck too)  then, isn't available in 1:25th scale?

An Aston Martin also makes more sense in a global market.....but on the other hand it will be a one trick pony.....hmmm

I can tell you there are a lot more builders clamoring for a stock Aston Martin DB5 kit with modern detail than there are calling for a reissue of Airfix OR Aurora's James Bond DB5. Keep in mind there hasn't been a stock classic Aston Martin kit in 1/24th scale since Airfix retooled their DB5 to represent a DB6. 

Granted, there are also a lot of folks clamoring for a nice '77 V8 Vantage kit but that's a bit more optimistic than a DB5 or a DB4 GT Zagato.

5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I was asking James (Niteowl) as he seems to have a connection to what's happening with the manufacturers. I think Jonathan is speculating.

There are two people on this forum who are directly or tangentially employed by Round2 in their automotive modeling aspirations. If they can't say, I'm certainly not commenting on something I heard through an online game of telephone. Rob's right, some people will be happy, some people will be faux outraged 🤣

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justin Porter said:

I can tell you there are a lot more builders clamoring for a stock Aston Martin DB5 kit with modern detail than there are calling for a reissue of Airfix OR Aurora's James Bond DB5. Keep in mind there hasn't been a stock classic Aston Martin kit in 1/24th scale since Airfix retooled their DB5 to represent a DB6. 

Granted, there are also a lot of folks clamoring for a nice '77 V8 Vantage kit but that's a bit more optimistic than a DB5 or a DB4 GT Zagato.

But then there is something like scale 1/25 or 1/24?

DB4 not awful for age. Tires and wheels poor but rest ok. Better than Doyusha DB5 and Bond kits. Wheels same almost. Put set of Norms Dunlops from Tamiya Mk2 Jag and holds up well. 
The Airfix/MPC 2000 roadster benefits from same. Tire melt with those tires bad. The spy stuff is in there, really only the comms panel n rear deck area, not called out. Not much in movie either. Small screen and radio stuff. Had full engine too. Guess one issue of Hase had engine too but none of others. Don’t know if newest kit does or not, haven’t had it in hand. Somebody did 1/20 2000 roadster, I think Doyusha. 
Cool Jonathan. 
Hint on decade of movie?

Edited by keyser
Hint?

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

I actually found out this past weekend what it is, no speculating my friend, I am putting my entire stash of model kits on the line and saying its not the The Bluesmobile or anything else that has been mentioned thus far.😉

Are you one of the two people Niteowl says works for Round2? I thought he did or had a connection to Round 2 based on his previous comments in posts about model plans from the manufacturers. If you are willing to bet a model stash, it must be pretty large or you are "in the know" and it's a safe bet!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I actually found out this past weekend what it is, no speculating my friend, I am putting my entire stash of model kits on the line and saying its not the The Bluesmobile or anything else that has been mentioned thus far.😉

I hope NitOwl will match your bet! This would be a battle of the stashes!

16 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

1971-1972 Barracuda convertible from The Brady Bunch

Wasn't there a Nash Bridges version? If not they could issue one for it as well. I'm thinking that whatever they have up their sleeve, they will use it for more than one version, tooling is so expensive and sales aren't what they used to be.