Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

18 hours ago, Little Timmy said:

The Cuda in Nash bridges was a hardtop. The show cut the roof off to make it a convertible clone.

Um, no. It's well documented that all the cars were real '70 and '71 convertibles to start off with. 

But maybe it's this one ?

Does anyone here have a convertible Challenger? | Dodge Challenger Forum

Edited by Can-Con

Stevens International just gave the following as open for shops to preorder with the following MSRP's. 

AMT
#1327 Peterbilt 359 California Hauler w/Sleeper $78.95
#1333 Coke 1929 Ford Woody Pickup $43.95
#1334 1964 Mercury Comet Craftsman Plus $38.95
#1360 1957 Chevy Bel Air Pepper Shaker $38.95

MPC 
#891 1983 Toyota Celica Supra $38.95
#974 LA Dart Wheelstander $38.95
#977 George Barris Raiders Coach $38.95

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

Stevens International just gave the following as open for shops to preorder with the following MSRP's. 

AMT
#1327 Peterbilt 359 California Hauler w/Sleeper $78.95
#1333 Coke 1929 Ford Woody Pickup $43.95
#1334 1964 Mercury Comet Craftsman Plus $38.95
#1360 1957 Chevy Bel Air Pepper Shaker $38.95

MPC 
#974 LA Dart Wheelstander $38.95
#977 George Barris Raiders Coach $38.95

Looks like Tim Boyd's prayers were heard ;)

7 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

I'd trust Aoshima or Ebbro with it as well. Revell is another possibility as their recent run of European classics (with the exception of the E-Type FHC roof) have been quite nice. 

Tamiya or Ebbro would be the front runners though. Imagining a DB5 done to the standard of those Citroen DS's is modeling bliss.

Ahh yes, Ebbro, but absolutely , the DS kits are fantastic , Aoshima?, I suppose they could pull it off.

Edited by martinfan5

As soon as I buy a MPC Supra kit off of eBay they go and announce it being reissued! Should have known better, same thing happened last year when I bought the old 78 Ford Bronco Wild Hoss kit.

Anybody have other kits they want reissued, let me know and I will buy it off of eBay to help the cause.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

As soon as I buy a MPC Supra kit off of eBay they go and announce it being reissued! Should have known better, same thing happened last year when I bought the old 78 Ford Bronco Wild Hoss kit.

Anybody have other kits they want reissued, let me know and I will buy it off of eBay to help the cause.

I'd like to see the "Hero" Imperial reissued. Or maybe retooled back to stock. So if you could buy both, that would double my chances. 😂

Since your credit card is open, how about 66-69 Pontiac Bonnevilles? Your pick, I'm not fussy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:
1 hour ago, Justin Porter said:

YES ! YES ! YES ! 

MSRP is spooky, but better'n bidding/buying on eBay.

I hope that the pitch-black tinted 'glass' goes away...

Alright!!

Fantastic news!

25 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd like to see the "Hero" Imperial reissued. Or maybe retooled back to stock. So if you could buy both, that would double my chances. 😂

Since your credit card is open, how about 66-69 Pontiac Bonnevilles? Your pick, I'm not fussy!

Revive Imperial and tool Green Hornet body. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Please reissue the MPC 68 Coronet R/T.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

While we’ve got the ball rolling, would you mind grabbing an AMT Chevy 454SS pickup kit from eBay as well? I can send you one of my kidneys to help cover the eBayflation cost. Lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

While we’ve got the ball rolling, would you mind grabbing an AMT Chevy 454SS pickup kit from eBay as well? I can send you one of my kidneys to help cover the eBayflation cost. Lol

Sorry,  I still have a couple in the stash left over from when Big Lots was selling them for $5.

2 hours ago, keyser said:

@mikemodeler Resell it asap if in it more than msrp. Lord knows others will.

Just randomly guess at this point. 38 Packard from Chinatown? Duetto from Graduate👍🏼
🤦🏻‍♂️

It's a kit that looks complete, box is trashed but parts are all there. I am going to build it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Please reissue the MPC 68 Coronet R/T.

My sense is that Round 2 is very well aware of the modeling communities' interest in doing a new tool clone of the original MPC '68 Coronet R/T.  Whether that will eventually translate into a new kit or not, I do not know. 

TB 

6 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Um, no. It's well documented that all the cars were real '70 and '71 convertibles to start off with. 

But maybe it's this one ?

Does anyone here have a convertible Challenger? | Dodge Challenger Forum

When the car was sold at auction a few years ago , the auctioneers made it very plain to potential buyers that it was a clone.

Not a real convertable.