Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

The Coronet looks like new parts, the body has a ridge for the hood to sit on that none of the none of the current AMT Roadrunner/GTX/Superbee kits have and the inner fender parts look different as well. It's also great to see the Bronco while it's still a new model.

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

The End? Oh no, no, no! 

Now the accuracy, why didn't they, they could have, JoHan and other threads will commence! 

No kidding. "Why didn't it come with a slant six and hubcaps?"  

With the new Bronco coming, I wonder what the chances are of a new Mustang or even better, a Raptor. 

Edited by Plowboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

It's nice that they did it, and it shows that they are paying attention to us.  I just hope all the people who have been clamouring for this decide they don't need one after all.

Well,  I've been one of those that have been clamouring for this.  Will be jumping on both the 68 Coronet Convertible and hardtop kits when they come out.

4 hours ago, keyser said:

Woot. I’ve got original but glad they did it. Doubtless a coupe will follow. Happy end to the jillions of Coronet threads. Those guys need to buy these by case. 
Where was this?

3 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

It's nice that they did it, and it shows that they are paying attention to us.  I just hope all the people who have been clamouring for this decide they don't need one after all.

Ha, my thoughts too!  I'll probably get one hardtop, but I'm happiest that we will stop hearing the incessant '68 Coronet comments in all of these threads, for years on end.

My question is, what will replace it as the next "me too" constantly repeated kit request?  This one has been going for, what, about 17 years now? (Ever since RC2 mistakenly listed it as an upcoming release ONE TIME)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

My question is, what will replace it as the next "me too" constantly repeated kit request?  This one has been going for, what, about 17 years now? (Ever since RC2 mistakenly listed it as an upcoming release ONE TIME)

I'll probably still be pushing for a decent Auburn Speedster kit, as long as I have breath in my body.

2 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Oh, oh, this one too! 😀

Screenshot_20220521-141947_Instagram.jpg

Glad to get this one back. Looks like it might have separate headlight lenses this time too.

Ya know what would be cool though? 

If they did a new cab, grille, bumpers and hood and released a '73/'74 which has never been done in 1/25 before. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Oh, oh, this one too! 😀

Screenshot_20220521-141947_Instagram.jpg

Smart move, 1:1 square bodies are hot right now.  And the GMC "Deserter" has been in production for years now, indicating steady demand.

Assuming that's the existing "Deserter" cab/guts, with a recreated Chevy grille and step side bed?  Looks like that's a new bumper without parking lights (which would be correct for the Deserter), but I think the '81s had the lights in the bumper - correct me if I'm wrong?

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

Looks like it might have separate headlight lenses this time too.

Ya know what would be cool though? 

If they did a new cab, grille, bumpers and hood and released a '73/'74 which has never been done in 1/25 before. 

Good eyes Steve - I didn't notice the empty headlight buckets.

I agree, retooling a 73-80 cab would open up all sorts of options for mixing/matching cabs/beds.

Would be nice if the 2WD parts eventually come back too.

• Like 2

Just now, Robberbaron said:

Good eyes Steve - I didn't notice the empty headlight buckets.

I agree, retooling a 73-80 cab would open up all sorts of options for mixing/matching cabs/beds.

Would be nice if the 2WD parts eventually come back too.

I did intend to mention the 2WD parts but in my excitement about this whole thing I forgot. 

Make it a 2WD longbed 454 and that would have all the bases covered. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

Smart move, 1:1 square bodies are hot right now.  And the GMC "Deserter" has been in production for years now, indicating steady demand.

Assuming that's the existing "Deserter" cab/guts, with a recreated Chevy grille and step side bed?  Looks like that's a new bumper without parking lights (which would be correct for the Deserter), but I think the '81s had the lights in the bumper - correct me if I'm wrong?

Yup

GM Heritage Center Archive | Chevrolet Trucks | 1981 Chevrolet Truck Pickups

48 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

Ha, my thoughts too!  I'll probably get one hardtop, but I'm happiest that we will stop hearing the incessant '68 Coronet comments in all of these threads, for years on end.

Well, since you asked;  further kit requests:  67 Galaxie, 67 and 68 Bonneville, 69 Coronet, 67-69 Chevy c-10 kits.

• Like 1

Time for me to eat crow. I have been critical of Round 2 for their old reissues and overlooking new tools such as the 68 R/T. I have to buy these new tools to put my money where my mouth is. It's nice to see plans for some current vehicles as well! Sometimes it pays to be a squeaky wheel. Hats off to Round 2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I wonder if that Bronco will have to sit in a parking lot in Detroit for several months waiting on it's scale microchips before it shows up at your LHS with a fat "Market Adjustment" attached to the MSRP...

The Chips are on a Dingy waiting to dock at the ports

Chips are in his pocket

Ultralight Dinghy Kit by Chesapeake Light Craft

18 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Well, since you asked;  further kit requests:  67 Galaxie, 67 and 68 Bonneville, 69 Coronet, 67-69 Chevy c-10 kits.

We all have our wish lists (top of mine is '68 and '69 Impalas). My smart aleck comment is in reference to the knee-jerk agreement on that one particular subject.

All the ones you listed above I would also be happy to see, but good luck generating the groundswell of comments like the '68 Coronet.  That one took on a life of its own over the years, to the point of being comical.

• Like 1