Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

I gotta give it to Round 2, they figured out how to get money out of my wallet, just kit some new current subjects,  while I really don't care for the new Bronco, cool to see that getting done, and I am going to go broke will all the Charger versions.

• Like 1

I talked to the guys at round 2 about the coronet in depth. This is all new tooling. The chassis is a new version that's a bit different than the old style promo chassis that came with the kit. Its a mix between the promo stle and the amt syle the gaps arent as bad.The exhaust and axle will be separate.  You will be able to fit the 70 super bee/gtx/ roadrunner stuff underneath. The trailer isn't the same as the one in the 63 nova wagon and a hardtop version will eventually be out. I don't care if it doesn't have the updated chassis and engine I'm just glad there will finally be a 68 coronet kit for under $100. Hats off to round 2 for listening. 

20220521_113955.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iangilly said:

I talked to the guys at round 2 about the coronet in depth. This is all new tooling. The chassis is a new version that's a bit different than the old style promo chassis that came with the kit. Its a mix between the promo stle and the amt syle the gaps arent as bad.The exhaust and axle will be separate.  You will be able to fit the 70 super bee/gtx/ roadrunner stuff underneath. The trailer isn't the same as the one in the 63 nova wagon and a hardtop version will eventually be out. I don't care if it doesn't have the updated chassis and engine I'm just glad there will finally be a 68 coronet kit for under $100. Hats off to round 2 for listening. 

20220521_113955.jpg

Thanks for the info.  Kinda surprised they're not using the '68 RR et al dirty bits.

Glad to see a wedge under the hood and not a Hemi.  Cue the complaining in 3,2,1...

Did the original MPC '68 have a wedge too?

Bravo ,

is it too soon  for the next "me too" constantly repeated kit request ? ,

I may not Have 17 years left to wait for a missing link Demon & like the Coronet, there is already a  Duster chassis kit to use....

Orsonclapping.gif

638-1.jpg

Edited by s.p.e.c.t.r.e.
  • Like 2

OH YEAHHH!!! If Round2 keeps this up I’m gonna need to take out a personal loan!

I never thought I’d see the K10 stepside return. Hopefully they end up using a different tire than those worn out Firestones, but that won’t stop me from buying multiples.

As for the Bronco, Tim Boyd called it. I wonder if it comes with the 2.3L I4 or the 2.7L V6. 

28 minutes ago, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

Bravo ,

I may not Have 17 years left to wait for a missing link Demon & like the Coronet, there is already a  Duster chassis kit to use....

Orsonclapping.gif

638-1.jpg

Absolutely!  So, may I have the honors to start the 71 Dodge Demon kit request thread?

Edited by GMP440
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

Looks like they have the older style rear fenders as I can see a depression for a round gas cap. So, they could very well be planning on the '73-'79 versions.

The stepside bed was never updated, the original Sodbuster release had the same bed that's shown on the test shot.

12 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

They're starting to lose me with promo style chassis. I'll save the rant for confirmation but those aren't words I want to hear about a newly tooled kit.

It's better looking Than what they had offer back in the 60s and 70s kits, I should have taken a picture of it, but im sure one will turn up here eventually.  I'd describe it as one step down from the roadrunner chassis.

37 minutes ago, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

Bravo ,

Orsonclapping.gif

638-1.jpg

I joked about this being the next kit they released from the dead, they didn't really confirm or deny so anything is possible. 

37 minutes ago, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

Bravo ,

Orsonclapping.gif

638-1.jpg

Oh, forgot ALLLLLL about the Demon, and Round 2 even prematurely announced that one, didn't they?

I think that makes it official.

9 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Absolutely!  So, may I have the honors to start the 71 Dodge Demon kit request thread?

I suppose you could, but the way the game seems to work is to post incessantly in threads about unrelated subjects, often by other manufacturers.  Example:

New thread about those 2 new Moebius '65 Dodges:

Post #3 from Joe Palooka: "Dunno why we can get this but we STILL haven't gotten the '71 Dodge Demon from Round 2!  Dem guys don't know what they're doin!"

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Looks like they have the older style rear fenders as I can see a depression for a round gas cap. So, they could very well be planning on the '73-'79 versions.

Those MPC kits always had that. I should have filled that on mine but overlooked it.

IMG 2079

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, iangilly said:

It's better looking Than what they had offer back in the 60s and 70s kits, I should have taken a picture of it, but im sure one will turn up here eventually.  I'd describe it as one step down from the roadrunner chassis.

Considering the Roadrunner/GTX was tooled over 30 years ago that's faint praise. If they're doing a new kit from the ground up I can't understand they you wouldn't do it to modern standards.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Those MPC kits always had that. I should have filled that on mine but overlooked it.

IMG 2079

My '82 didn't have the recess. I did scribe in a gas door. Something I've never understood on the MPC Chevy pickups and the GMC's is the notched cab corners. Not many fill those in either. 

If the '81 is like the '82, plan on doing some shimming under the back of the cab and bed. This is how mine looked mocked up out of the box.

20211220_103803-1.jpg.72a418a25b87cab62436ec3facf015d3.jpg

After shimming.

20211224_143312-1.jpg.fe41f5dc54237cfcb9bf0957c32a8f81.jpg

12 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I will go with always popular Option C - None of rhe Above.

James called it right.  As I understand it it will be more of a curbside configuration.  From what I was told a few months ago, apparently detailed CAD data of the complete underhood configuration from Ford was not available in a configuration that could be used in developing the kit.   

Would not have been my first choice but still super-happy to have a newly tooled kit from Round 2 with this 1/1 as its subject.  (Now should Round 2 at some point consider doing a next gen Mustang (he 1/1 is supposedly due out about a year from now), not having an engine would be a job-stopper for me personally.  But you guys already know how I feel about that subject, so no need to discuss it any further here.)  

TB

Edited by tim boyd

22 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I will go with always popular Option C - None of rhe Above.

Bummer. In the photo the hood looks like a separate piece, maybe they’re leaving the door open for a full detail kit in the future, which would be a smart move IMO.