Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

Friend got written for trying to evade. Atty got thrown out. Bogus. Car guy commander friend (modded gt350 track) agreed
I told my kids flashers on, slow down, go to nearest place with lights and people. Interior lights on. Ask for supervisor, polite, but blame dad. And we’re not of color. 
It’s complete BS and it’s rampant here. I support LEO’s, but it’s nothing but revenue. 
I called couple in once, it was private car/bike. Did nothing even when I called IA. 

Back on topic, sorry, I really think this stuff would be welcome in the Charger. Hope pics helped. Toss in Camaro reissue or Mustang(wrong guys right idea). 

Edited by keyser
Edit

1 hour ago, Robberbaron said:

Uhhhh, interesting theory.  Stating it doesn't make it so...

Unmarked means I can't tell if it's a police car. It has no marks indicating that it is. Lights don't make it a police car, anyone can buy and install lights. The markings make it a police car. No markings no police car. Plenty of impersonators out there, just because it probably isn't doesn't mean I have to risk my life to find out. That's why they're required to be marked, for my safety.

28 minutes ago, alexis said:

I don't see that argument flying in court, Sean. Have a good attorney before you attempt that line of reasoning in front of a judge.

No, if you say it is unfair to use those kinds of marked cars, I agree with 100%

I don't see how I would end up in court, but thanks for the heads up. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Friend got written for trying to evade. Atty got thrown out. Bogus. Car guy commander friend (modded gt350 track) agreed
I told my kids flashers on, slow down, go to nearest place with lights and people. Interior lights on. Ask for supervisor, polite, but blame dad. And we’re not of color. 

Good advice. I'm a "wait for a marked to join in" kind of guy though. :D

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

No markings no police car. 
That's why they're required to be marked, for my safety.

Well, no, there is no blanket law that states that, there are local laws which very by state/county/city that may or not allow the use of unmarked units for certain details, like traffic. 

Florida, does in fact allow the use of unmarked police cars for traffic, and yes, in Florida, an unmarked car is in fact a police car.

https://attorneyglorenzo.medium.com/florida-law-regarding-unmarked-police-vehicles-c973aafd300b

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Well, no, there is no blanket law that states that, there are local laws which very by state/county/city that may or not allow the use of unmarked units for certain details, like traffic. 

Florida, does in fact allow the use of unmarked police cars for traffic, and yes, in Florida, an unmarked car is in fact a police car.

https://attorneyglorenzo.medium.com/florida-law-regarding-unmarked-police-vehicles-c973aafd300b

Lol! That article repeats what I said. It might not be a police car. Call 911. Blah blah blah. It isn't a police car until I see it's a police car, and I don't have to stop and risk my life to find out. 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:12 PM, charlie8575 said:

The new Charger, I suspect, will sell very well, especially if they do a supplemental police version.

I also see good numbers coming for the Mustang fastback.

The Lindberg '66 Chevelle is very nice, and will also be well-received, I think.

From discussion, there may be at least one more major tool in the works, and I'll be curious to see what that ends up being. I'd love to see one of the 1960s Imperials.

The one I'd put money on, though, for within the next year or two, based on a VERY long history of demand, is the 1969-'72 Grand Prix. If that happens, I think demand will be near-unprecedented.

Charlie Larkin

Grand Prix YES! I have owned 5 real ones, 4 kits and 1 promo. I would definitely be in on a 69 to round out my group.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keyser said:

@SteveG

Know thine enemy. 

Window tint nice idea too. Theirs is darker than legal, of course.

That was going to be my question. I was always told it was illegal to have the driver and front passenger side glass tinted, even lightly. Yet I see more and more drivers with limo tint all the way around - and a few with it on the windshield. Now even PD can put dark tint on the front windows? Why even have laws if nobody listens to them?

For the record, somebody gets in an accident with me and has all that glass obscured, is going to be getting a call to their insurance company. And I doubt it will go well with the driver.

6 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

That was going to be my question. I was always told it was illegal to have the driver and front passenger side glass tinted, even lightly. Yet I see more and more drivers with limo tint all the way around - and a few with it on the windshield. Now even PD can put dark tint on the front windows? Why even have laws if nobody listens to them?

Depends on the state.  In Arizona, it's legal..  I had several vehicles there with dark front side window tint.  Not sure about the windshield. 

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

For the record, somebody gets in an accident with me and has all that glass obscured, is going to be getting a call to their insurance company. And I doubt it will go well with the driver.

In North Carolina you can only tint a 5" strip at the top of the windshield unless you have a doctor's prescription. The front windows can be up to 35% and rest can be as dark as you want. This is one of things that every state does differently. 

In Michigan, police used to ticket people with heavily tinted windows, and it would have to be removed.  Now there are so many vehicles with it that you can't even tell there is anyone inside.  Either the law changed, or police are reluctant to enforce it because of threats against them.  Recreational marijuana has been legalized here, so now it would be impossible to tell if someone is toking up while driving.  I was recently at a mall and a van pulled into a parking spot about 30' from where I was walking.  It reeked of marijuana and the windows were closed.  It reminded me of the movie Up In Smoke.   

So, any idea when Round2 will try to run the "Beverly Hillbillies" Olds again?  How about trying to get a new touring car body tooled up?

It would need the Touring Body, Interior floor, Front & rear seats. Running boards, Rear fenders, New Hood, and some New (non chromed) Hub Caps. That would get you a stock Touring car and the B/H Car and then the Jethro's Hot Rod version.  Or, how about tooling up a large Mercer/Stutz style gas tank, a small platform and a trunk and have a T.R.O.G. style Speedster? Less tooling and just some decals.....

Or, Just bring back the Stutz Bearcat Kit. It would be nice to have the machine guns from the original kit, but they were pretty bland, really, and would be laughed at today. But the kit itself is nice. Just a change in directions, showing where to cut off the fenders, and some Number Decals would allow a 2'n'1 Racer & Stock Stutz to be built. Be nice to have a racing straight exhaust pipe too, but that would require tooling up one part.

Lastly, do what the '23 T Depot Hack box always suggested. Run the Depot Hack with the '23 Roadster Hot Rod Parts. Given how the kit was tooled, it "Should" be pretty easy to combine the parts in one box. Do it right and you could have a 4'n'1 Kit. Stock or Rod, '23 T Roadster or Depot Hack.

Some ideas to try. 

10 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

Back on topic, I wonder if the Charger kit will offer any extra items. Looking at the brochure, there are a couple different wheel options that are available for the R/T, would be cool to provide 1 or 2 alternate wheel choices.

Would be nice.  Round 2’s script with modern subjects seems to be to offer multiple single version kits rather than options, though. (Going by how the 6th gen Camaro kits were, as that is their only recent example). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keyser said:

@SteveG

Here’s some photos of state of art stuff

First two Ka band, next 2 handheld Laser (can’t use moving), last is hidden takedowns. 
Know thine enemy. 
Window tint nice idea too. Theirs is darker than legal, of course.

If there was going to be a New Charger Police Pursuit version hypothetically speaking I expect it would probably have your basic marked unit parts.  Considering that the planned parts count for the announced RT version is on the high side, I wouldn't expect to see eight different light bars like Lindberg did with their kit.  Even with the overside size box Lindberg used on their Chargers, the additional parts barely fit.  There's only so many parts that can fit into one kit. 

Again, hypothetically speaking I wonder if there would be any interest in a modern Police Accessory parts pack for those additional items like dash cams, speed enforcement, additional warning lamps, etc.   I would expect to see the aftermarket industry stepping up too.  With the popularity of 3D printing now, if the equipment is in use, you'll probably be able to get in scale one way or another.

-Steve

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Would be nice.  Round 2’s script with modern subjects seems to be to offer multiple single version kits rather than options, though. (Going by how the 6th gen Camaro kits were, as that is their only recent example). 

As currently planned, the RT version will have an optional wheel choice.  The other two versions planned will either have an optional wheel choice and or other optional parts which I can't really discuss since they have yet to be officially announced.  

-Steve

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteveG said:

As currently planned, the RT version will have an optional wheel choice.  The other two versions planned will either have an optional wheel choice and or other optional parts which I can't really discuss since they have yet to be officially announced.  

-Steve

Hopefully an SRT Hellcat or SRT Hellcat wide body will be among the other versions... they would be obvious variations.

charger-srt-1557775741.jpg

2022-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-mmp-1-1634309690.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Lastly, do what the '23 T Depot Hack box always suggested. Run the Depot Hack with the '23 Roadster Hot Rod Parts. Given how the kit was tooled, it "Should" be pretty easy to combine the parts in one box. Do it right and you could have a 4'n'1 Kit. Stock or Rod, '23 T Roadster or Depot Hack.

YES!  I've been meaning to do that exact build... so they'd sell at least one :D