Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bullitt charger

happy grumpy

Built from the excellent Revell kit, I saw that movie when it came out in 68 , I was 11 years old and just fell in love with the charger. Bullitt did to car chases what star wars did to sci fi. built box stock except for the wheels I used the dodge hub caps from Fireball Modelworks. The movie car had the 440 but I used the hemi instead. I also did the mustang and the magic green beetle that keeps re-appearing during the chase . I will post them eventually.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to look and comment. Really appreciated.

bullitt dodge charger 68 01.jpg

bullitt dodge charger 68 02.jpg

bullitt dodge charger 68 03.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent job. I always liked the Charger in Bullitt much more than the Mustang... there's something about muscle cars in their more plain, luxury, or just overall more subdued color/trim schemes/packages that I appreciate more than the brighter colors, stripes, spoilers, scoops etc.

Not necessarily because the sportier ones are what you always see or that I'm getting older, either. I've felt this way for most of my life. That, and generally speaking, I'm not really a Ford guy. :P

That said, I do have a Revell '68 Mustang Bullitt kit that I built as the Bullitt Mustang. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ClassicDarts

thank you all for your kind words.

Miles, I get no credit for the vinyl top. I wanted to build the  " dirty Mary, crazy Larry " 69 charger so, the 68 has a smooth top and the 69 had a vinyl top so I swapped the bodies. I filled the side markers of the 69 and used the 68 round marker decals. The 68 had a smooth side so I used square decals for the marker lights. I had a little issue with fitting the front 69 grille on the 68 body though. I will have to go back to it to correct it. In all not much work involved. The vinyl top on the 69 kit looks really good. Kudos to Revell.

Beautiful rendition of the movie car. Black paint on any car be it 1/25th or 1:1 is a pain but worth it when it is done right. I like you and so many others have always thought that the car chase in this movie set a pretty high mark for movies that came after. I hope you have a few spare Hub Caps just incase. 

Looks great. Is that the metal kit? I have both the Mustang and Charger metal kits unbuilt. I have the movie on DVD. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid. That chase scene had everybody hitting imaginary brake pedals in the theater seats. Still a great chase scene too.

Edited by Mike C