Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2022

dbostream

She's probably thinking - People say they want these large scale kits back, but they also shake like they're possessed over normal kit prices. How many of them are really gonna shell out the $180?

I know it'll have a niche audience, but I wonder what the run number is going to be. Because it's hardly a "wandered into the LHS and saw this on the shelf, so I figured why not" sorta purchase. 

6 hours ago, Hawk312 said:

Does anyone have an idea what it will cost for shipping to the US for the big 1/8 kit?

Based on the dimensions and weight listed by SpotModel it will cost around $50 to ship it across the U.S. (not factoring in any volume discount any online vendor might have). I seriously doubt it would cost any less to ship it from Eurooe or Japan to the U.S.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

She's probably thinking - People say they want these large scale kits back, but they also shake like they're possessed over normal kit prices. How many of them are really gonna shell out the $180?

I know it'll have a niche audience, but I wonder what the run number is going to be. Because it's hardly a "wandered into the LHS and saw this on the shelf, so I figured why not" sorta purchase. 

Based on the dimensions and weight listed by SpotModel it will cost around $50 to ship it across the U.S. (not factoring in any volume discount any online vendor might have). I seriously doubt it would cost any less to ship it from Eurooe or Japan to the U.S.

See I think it’s weird that they haven’t rereleased any of the 1/12 kits lately, and instead went straight to the 1/8 kit.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:16 AM, keyser said:

When I zoomed to look at Wolverine, the lines are there. I’d say Artistic License. Not a lot of T-tops in EU then or now. 

Yeah, I zoomed in and see them now. But, they're supposed to be glass not painted to match the car.

BTW, Hugh Jackman doesn't look too happy gripping the wheel of 70s finest.

Does he look like he's got primate arms?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

How many of them are really gonna shell out the $180?

At first glance I was “$180? No way”. But then I looked at what most 1/8 kits are going/gone for on eBay and, well, I guess $180 it is.

That is a lot of bread though. 

How much space does the 1/8 scale kit's box take up in a shipping container, versus a 1/25 scale kit that retails in the $30-40 range?  Also, how many molding machines does it tie up in production versus that same 1/25 scale kit?  That right there would explain the price difference...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jordan White said:

See I think it’s weird that they haven’t rereleased any of the 1/12 kits lately, and instead went straight to the 1/8 kit.

Other than the Foose version of the 1/12 scale 1969 Camaro Zed, the others in that scale -- 1957 Bel Air, 1967 Corvette-- haven't been released in, what, at least 20 years? I last saw the '57 Bel Air some 18-19 years ago; over 30 years for the Corvette.

I'd give a long note for the Zed again. Naturally, I'd prefer it have period correct custom wheel options (the Foose parts are just fine, IMO, and shouldn't be deleted) such as Motor Wheels Spyders or Fentons.  

On 3/12/2022 at 8:51 AM, Erik Smith said:

At first glance I was “$180? No way”. But then I looked at what most 1/8 kits are going/gone for on eBay and, well, I guess $180 it is.

That is a lot of bread though. 

It's listed for $180 at SpotModel, $196 and change at Hobby Search. The kit is listed in the TBA stuff on Stevens, but there's no pricing yet on any of the future RevellAG specific releases. 

So, it looks like, as originally expected, the Olds and new '71 Mustang should be out late summer/early fall, if Stevens is to be believed.

Definitely interested in a 4-4-2, maybe two of them. Converting it into a regular Cutlass S/SX wouldn't be all that tough, especially with MCG photoetch.

Charlie Larkin

16 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

It's listed for $180 at SpotModel, $196 and change at Hobby Search. The kit is listed in the TBA stuff on Stevens, but there's no pricing yet on any of the future RevellAG specific releases. 

Wiewed as about half what original Monogram '79s were going for on Ebay, or about 15% of a parts work kit for something that won't give away much visually by comparison, that really ain't bad.

Original in the stash stays original while this one gets served up most likely with a far superior decal sheet?  

I'll take it.

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

And (hopefully) no "smoked" clear parts this time around.

While not nearly as offensive as the 1980's MPC tint, it's still an annoyance for sure. Tinted headlamp lenses? "The nineteen-eighties called -- they want their customising ideas back!"

• Haha 1

FWIW my LHS has gotten in both of the U.S. reboxes of the new tool AG Porsche 911s. Unfortunately in Chris' round the world in 30 milliseconds review you can't tell if the Coupe body still has the C-Pillar sink mark issue the molded in silver German boxing has (the Targa has a different rear end and doesn’t have c-pillars to sink), but I'm low key hoping the fact the U.S. kits are molded in white perhaps the issue isn't necessarily (as) present this time around...

• 3 weeks later...

In another thread @Luc Janssensposted a link to a German retailer that has some additional releases coming up this year:

14528 1:24 '70 Plymouth Duster

14529 1:24 '39 Chevy sedan delivery

14530 1:24 '69 GTO Judge

14531 1:24 '70 Roadrunner

The description of the Duster says it's 80 pieces; I'm thinking this is the funny car last seen as the Cop Out. Without any reference to Tom Daniels I'm sure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

In another thread @Luc Janssensposted a link to a German retailer that has some additional releases coming up this year:

The description of the Duster says it's 80 pieces; I'm thinking this is the funny car last seen as the Cop Out. Without any reference to Tom Daniels I'm sure.

It'll be nice to have the Judge and the Road Runner back again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

This one, too:

Revell '55 Chevy Bel Air “Street Machine"
Item No. 14519

Presumably the ex-Monogram 1/24 '55 Chev kit.

And the modified ex-Stacy David "Rat Roaster":

Revell 1932 Ford Rat Roadster
Item no. 14524

A couple more photos, the GT40 is a re-boxed Fujimi kit. The were new boxes for the Buick GSX, '67 Vette and the '37 Ford pickup although he didn't have any examples of the new decal sheets included with them.

IMG_20220409_161737731.jpg

IMG_20220409_154356057.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Nice kits coming back. Nice to hear about the Oldsmobile also..

10 hours ago, Fabrux said:

There's more...

https://www.bastlerzentrale-giessen.de/plastik-modellbau/revell-neuheiten-nk/page-4.html

like the '70 Torino Cobra wich is making a comeback, which is great cuz the new release will have the corrected body the GT got with it's non Pro-Modeler re-release .

• Xingu locked this topic