Model Cars Magazine Forum

SMP 1960 Corvair kit restoration

rsmodels

I had planned on something different for today but thought I'd stick with the compacts. This was a built model that needed a good bit of body work. I finished it about a year ago.  I think the rag I dusted it off with today put more dust on than it took off-sorry.

This one has NOS tires. The bumpers, tail lights, headlights, and promo wheels/hubcaps are from Modelhaus. I polished the glass and again on this one I cut the sides off the interior to make the detailing easier. I added a piece of aluminum tubing for the exhaust tip.

I have a 60 Falcon in progress to go with the Valiant and Corvair but it will probably be a while before I take it out to finish it. I'm including a photo of it in the display case.

Any and all comments are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you for taking time to look.  -Rich

DCFC0008.JPG

DCFC0010.JPG

DCFC0012.JPG

DCFC0019.JPG

DCFC0033.JPG

DCFC0038.JPG

DCFC0040.JPG

DCFC0028 (2).JPG

DCFC0030.JPG

DCFC0031.JPG

DCFC0032 (2).JPG

DCFC0032 (3).JPG

DCFC0044.JPG

DCFC0048.JPG

DCFC0002 (3).JPG

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Kah puts said:

Ok I get it, there's a bottom-less pit of cool 😎 models in your stash , now a flat top Corvair, fantastic. You like blue 💙, so do I. 

I do like blue, but you'll see other colors coming up. I just finished a 61 T-bird Styline kit yesterday.  So far, all the blue cars I've posted have been different colors of blue. When side by side, you can see the difference. -Rich

7 hours ago, peteski said:

Another great looking model Rich!

I noticed that the 3 different models you are showcasing in this forum seem to be light metallic blue.  Is that your favorite color, or just a coincidence?

Hi Peter,

I have shown 10 models over the last 9 days, there are other colors. I do like blue, however. The blue ones shown are all different blues.                               Rich

8 hours ago, rsmodels said:

Hi Peter,

I have shown 10 models over the last 9 days, there are other colors. I do like blue, however. The blue ones shown are all different blues.                               Rich

No big deal. I was simply curious.  They were all somewhat similar light blue.  Nothing wrong with that. Apparently just a coincidence.