Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Chevrolet Cabriolet...The Other Deuce!

Plowboy

Came out great. The stance is perfect and the simple black and white color combo works great. I love the red frame underneath it, altho I am not sure how I feel about the red spreader bar. I don't see many of these Chevies  and even less hot rodded. Both in 1:1 and in scale. It looks gangster cool in a way. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:32 AM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Nice work on this old MPC (I presume) kit. I wonder if the mold still exists, I'd love to see it released again. From what I've read, that even though both Ford and Chevy built about a quarter of a million cars in 1932, the reason that Chevys didn't last is that they used a lot of wood in the framing and they became termite homes and/or rotted away and bodies fell apart. Fords, using more metal, held up better of the long term. -RRR

Yeah, it's the MPC kit. I should have mentioned that. Thanx for the info! When I did my research, I was surprised at how little this car is represented. But, I didn't do a great deal of research.

If one compared stock to stock, I think the Chevrolet would have had an edge. Especially in the ride and handling department with it's springs on all four corners. Looks wise, it looks like a smaller version of a Cadillac to me. 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:19 AM, mrm said:

Came out great. The stance is perfect and the simple black and white color combo works great. I love the red frame underneath it, altho I am not sure how I feel about the red spreader bar. I don't see many of these Chevies  and even less hot rodded. Both in 1:1 and in scale. It looks gangster cool in a way. 

Thanx! I'm not feeling the red spreader bar myself. I think I'll foil it or paint it black. 

• 4 weeks later...