Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2021 Dodger Charger R/T

Mr mopar

4 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

I have to agree. This is going to be one heckuva kit.

I think I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a '22 or '23 brochure and plan out a build. Barring a huge lottery hit or otherwise massive reversal of fortune, I won't be buying a new one (which saddens me), so  I might as well build what I'd want to order.

Charlie Larkin

Looks like they don't have the '23 brochure yet, but here's the '22 for you!

https://xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2022-Dodge-Charger.pdf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

standard R/T has 245/40ZR 20s.  

R/T Scat Pack have the above, 270/40 ZR 20s optional.

R/T Scat Pack widebody and SRT Hellcat have 305/35 ZR 20s.

This kit uses the standard 245/45R20 tires with a tread design similar to the Firehawk GT but they are no-name tires.  Last time I checked the scaled out correctly. Pursuit package cars run on 18" wheels. 

-Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going into my local model shop Monday in the AM. They might not have it in yet, but I want to get a coupe to build. The kit represents the RT model, and it should be easy enough to make a widebody edition or any of the others using this kit. Owning a '19 Charger GT with AWD I'll be doing a little modification on this kit to build something more like mine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, espo said:

Going into my local model shop Monday in the AM. They might not have it in yet, but I want to get a coupe to build. The kit represents the RT model, and it should be easy enough to make a widebody edition or any of the others using this kit. Owning a '19 Charger GT with AWD I'll be doing a little modification on this kit to build something more like mine. 

Now you got me thinking David. Maybe I should wait and see if they do a wide body to save myself the trouble.

So grateful for this all-new modern Charger kit; will have to buy a case of 'em.

Very, VERY, interested in this kit, as a restyling exercise.

Long before I'd ever seen the Fratzonic electric Charger concept, I'd envisioned restyling this kit to be half 69 Charger, half Wraith, and half Xenomorph.

Just imagine... an SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak Weyland-Yutani version of this. Will do my best.

z.png.60c49e0a67a632ee20ae7f6ffa5f18a0.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

There is a resin kit of the EV concept, got one on order.

True, @Rob Hall, I'd heard of that, and as tempting as it is to grab one, or a dozen, I've got my heart set on doing my own thing and seeing what I come up with. It will be very tough to beat the sheer ferocity and elegance of the EV concept's sleek lines, though I'm eager to take a crack at it. BONUS SITUATION: Mine will have a Hemi, heh.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:03 AM, Stef said:

So grateful for this all-new modern Charger kit; will have to buy a case of 'em.

Very, VERY, interested in this kit, as a restyling exercise.

Long before I'd ever seen the Fratzonic electric Charger concept, I'd envisioned restyling this kit to be half 69 Charger, half Wraith, and half Xenomorph.

Just imagine... an SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak Weyland-Yutani version of this. Will do my best.

z.png.60c49e0a67a632ee20ae7f6ffa5f18a0.png

I read in some enthusiast magazine that there even may be a chance of this body style being made available with an ICE power plant. Beautiful looking body lines on this one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The box art is car is from a stock photo provided by Dodge so I can't say what size those tires are.   The tires in the kit are scale 245/45R20 no names based on the '21 model year OE installed Firehawk GT style tires.  The kits tire measurements are 9.75 mm wide, sidewall is 4.41mm with a 20.32mm opening. Tire diameter is 29.16mm. The wheels are scale 9"x20" 

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, gasman said:

If you flip the body over you get a lot clues on what’s coming next, holes for a police light bar, also ovals around the wheel wells seem like maybe a wide body version is coming soon. 

The biggest clue is the center caps of the police steel wheels are on the chrome parts tree,  more than likely the police car version will be next if the wide body permanently alters the body, if not, then , I could see the wide body being next to strike while the iron is hot if you will.

• Like 2

After wrapping up a spectacularly horrible several days preceding, for giggles I decided to stop at one of my preferred shops on my way home from an assignment, and I was so excited to get what was apparently their last one. Guess they went right out the door.

I haven't really ripped into it yet, but I really  liked what I saw. Absolutely spectacular model. Very well done, and deserves all the accolades it's getting.

Charlie Larkin

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, gasman said:

If you flip the body over you get a lot clues on what’s coming next, holes for a police light bar, also ovals around the wheel wells seem like maybe a wide body version is coming soon. 

A bunch of departments around here are using these. I might make do one of those, along with an unmarked.

Charlie Larkin

In my area in TX, marked cars getting rare. “Shadow” lettering everywhere. Son is EMS director in huge county north of here, his command truck has shadow lettering and hidden light bars. On an EMS vehicle. 
I’ve pretty much had it with that

Prob good to include some shadow lettering in a police version. Slick top, dark glass option, some decal strobes for glass, maybe a sun visor takedown decal for inside