Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevrolet Corvette' 427 Roadster

doorsovdoon

This was one of those bad luck builds. Paint failed on me three times, windshield frame and quarter windows were a pig to fit which left glue marks along the cowl. I also lost a wheel hub and still cant find it for love nor money so wasn't able to use the stock wheels, and on top of that when I was nearly finished, a tiny bit of glue found its way onto my finger, so when I went to put the car on the table I flung it half way across the room as I let go! No major damage except both front sidelight lenses disappeared into a black hole never to be seen again. Nice kit but instructions are vague in some areas and the wipers didn't fit at all without some bending and shaping. 

five.jpg

eight.jpg

four.jpg

one.jpg

six.jpg

three.jpg

two.jpg

Edited by doorsovdoon
  • Like 9

Despite all this, you managed to build a great looking kit and I'm with you on cursed kits. Sometimes, it's one thing after the other, I've had a few of those , they fight you 'till the bitter end. Amt instructions should be call general suggestions but I'm glad to have them despite their shortcomings. As your model demonstrate they can be build into beautiful models. Again , great job on the vette.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments.👍 Yea, had a heck of a time with this one, lol. I didn't do a WIP cos I thought this would be just a 'quick build' Lesson learned, never Ever think "This will be a quick build" 😂 . The paint is a BMW colour called Liquid Blue. Trying to make the glass fit in a warped frame and stay there was a fight so I had no way of telling if it was all in the right place until it was time to glue the whole thing to the cowl. It looked good, until I fitted the quarter windows and had to bring the frame back slightly to meet them, which lifted the lower frame along the cowl. So yeah, this was my "Quick build" Lol

One would never know you encountered those problems with your build. Turned out great and the paint choice is perfect. Photos are very nice, too.
Curious, can clear parts plastic be bent with heat or is it too brittle? Wondering if that might have helped with the windshield.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, slusher said:

Great looking Corvette even with the issues..

Thanks mate. 

On 2/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, 70 Sting said:

One would never know you encountered those problems with your build. Turned out great and the paint choice is perfect. Photos are very nice, too.
Curious, can clear parts plastic be bent with heat or is it too brittle? Wondering if that might have helped with the windshield.

Cheers buddy. It was the windshield frame that I had trouble with. It was slightly warped which made it difficult to keep the glass in place while the glue set. It shifted a bit as it set and the frame wouldn't sit flush to the cowl then.

22 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks mate.

22 hours ago, ismaelg said:

One of my all time favorite cars. Despite all the challenges you did a great job. Love the color combo.  Reminds me a bit of '67 Elkhart blue.

Thanks,
Ismael

Thanks mate. Yes, it's pretty close. It's a BMW colour called Liquid blue.