Model Cars Magazine Forum

List of Moebius Upcoming Kits

Daddyfink

17 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Chris....II expect that this may be a second /FX version that was engineered when the original A/FX version was designed.  I'll leave it to Dave to confirm, deny, or provide further details, but the original engineering work was, as near as I could determine, really well done and fully worthy of an actual kit release.   

Of course, I also realize that is exactly not what you are looking for here...

Best...TB 

There was talk a couple years ago about a B/FX version.  

This whole list is questionable, given the typos and that most of the kits listed have already been released or announced. 

1 hour ago, RT6PK said:

Dumping the originals could be a gamble. Many years ago when AMT still existed, there was an ad hanging in a local hobby shop announcing "soon to released" kits from AMT. One of the kits was the '69 Dodge Coronet R/T. It was probably going to have the new (for that time) chassis that was used on the '68 Roar Runner and '70 Super Bee. I had 2 original MPC '69 Coronet R/T's that had been built but were both unpainted with nice chrome and the original boxes. They would have been very easy restorations. I sold them on Ebay for I think about $75.00 each. AMT went belly up, the Coronets never came out, and I was out 2 very nice originals. 

The other side of that is the Revell '30 Model A Coupe. The tooling was damaged and it was unknown if the kit would ever be seen again. Originals were showing up on Ebay for over $100.00 each. Then there was talk that the tooling was going to be repaired. I gambled and sold my 2 unbuilts on Ebay and did quite well. 

I was really joking about dumping them on ebay since that seems to be the case when we get re-issues or new kits of something considered dead and gone. 

But I don't blame those who do it, I blame those who buy them with no research and then cry about it. Trust me, it has happened to me. 

As for replacing the Jo Han tooling, yes, I think this will end up being way better as far as detail is concerned. We all can't get that stuff anymore, but it will be nice to have fresh plastic, with more detail, available to us once again. 

Dyno Don * | Drag racing cars, Ford racing, Ford classic cars

• Like 3

OK, so, 

Some of you who also watch the Spotlight board may have seen that one of the members there has "sent a note to Mobius customer service" and got a response.  

It's just an internet hoax. 

So, there you have it. NOT REAL. NO Mavericks of any sort being made by them. 

Seeing as it came from Fakebook , I'm not surprised.

If someone on Facebook told me my name is Steve, I'd check my underware before believing it. and even then I'd wonder if it was someone elses underware I had on. 😉🙄

Edited by Can-Con
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Jo-Han Maverick/Comet motor is really good. If Moebius offered that quality, I'd be happy to see it return. Same for many of the interior parts. When I first saw this rumor I contacted one individual with good industry connections. His comment was, "The only thing I KNOW is it has been on the 'TO DO' list for a while........but so has a 70 Javelin.....so.........."

I also contacted Moebius directly.

It's a good suggestion, but there's been "Moebius" box art for a Maverick for years that is an internet hoax, so don't get fooled into thinking it's right around the corner.

Moebius Models

On 2023-02-18 03:37, iborg wrote:
I saw a rumor that Moebius was developing a Dyno Don Maverick…….before
I put massive hours into correcting a Johan kit, can you tell me if
there is any possible truth to this?
Thanks,
Mike

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

My apologies, I should have double checked it before I posted it. 

Sorry

No one is perfect. All is good. 

We all know that a few of the off the regular path cars would sell well in scale. We will be happy if we get a new Maverick (Grabber or not ), better be a small bumper car. LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

My apologies, I should have double checked it before I posted it. 

Sorry

It's all good.  You didn't do anything wrong.  The pic that was posted; looks like a group of files listing the model car subjects.   Where is that from?  Anyway, if anything, this thread should show Moebius the interest level of an all new kit of the 70 Ford Maverick.  This could very well get the ball rolling at Moebius.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 9:21 AM, 1972coronet said:

I suppose that my comment about the proportions of the Johan kit was taken out-of-context; I was referring only to the body, not the rest of the kit/tooling.

The only woeful thing about the Jo-Han Maverick kit, aside from the wear and tear the tooling ultimately took, is the promo style chassis. Everything else is first rate. The Boss 429 engine is better than anything AMT or MPC ever offered, and the kit is a plethora of early pro-stock parts, including nice representations of Fenton mags. The interior presents very well too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, garagepunk66 said:

The only woeful thing about the Jo-Han Maverick kit, aside from the wear and tear the tooling ultimately took, is the promo style chassis. Everything else is first rate. The Boss 429 engine is better than anything AMT or MPC ever offered, and the kit is a plethora of early pro-stock parts, including nice representations of Fenton mags. The interior presents very well too.

I absolutely agree wit you (and others) regarding the BOSS 429; a work of art unto itself. The vintage P/S parts are fantastique, too. 

The 1969 vintage, 1970 annual Maverick I have has the stock interior, moulded-in front bench seat and all. IIRC, this was the only issue of the Johan Maverick to have that 'feature'.  

• Like 1