AMT-1394 1/25 International Transtar 4300 Eagle Sprite Tractor Cab
AMT-1398 1/25 1966 Buick Skylark Modified Stocker Race Car
AMT-1425 1/20 1992 Toyota 4x4 Pickup Truck

AMT-1366 1/25 1964 Dodge 330
AMT-1388 1/25 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Here is what was in the box in 1960'

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/ford/1951-1960/amt_1960_ford_f-100/?view=roll#1

My guess if it has been cloned is that it will have an engine blanking plate, since the kit has a Hot Rod Tri-Power engine anyway, not a stock engine that the Modern Modeler will demand.

My Other Guess, is that the trailer will be cloned and most of the accessories will be in the kit too. Given some New Decals in the Round2 Style, and new tires and possibly some wheel options, Round2 will have another winner on it's hands.

Hope to see it in due time.

I also cannot wait to read what Steve G, has to say.

• Like 3

A little early for April 1st, isn't it? 

But seriously I'm in if this is for real. (And for a second there, I thought the stock '66 Skylark was coming back too. Oh well!) Would be great to have this back, even if I do have a decent fixer; I bet this time around they can clean up the sink marks you usually see in the original '60 kit's body. 

46 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

My guess if it has been cloned is that it will have an engine blanking plate, since the kit has a Hot Rod Tri-Power engine anyway, not a stock engine that the Modern Modeler will demand.

IIRC the engine in the original kit was stock other than the three-two setup; shouldn't be a big deal to tweak the files to make it a stock 292. 

No...freaking...way!!!

9 hours ago, casassa said:

Looking forward to see what Steve G has to say about this. JIM

if you want to see what he has to say just tag him. For those that don't know, just type @ and then the persons screen name to tag someone

@SteveG I realize it may be too early to make an official announcement, but just figured I'd ask. The 60 Ford pickup?!?

Also, the 57 T-bird, what can we expect from that one? A return of the original customizing parts?

Edited by Mr. Metallic

8 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

IIRC the engine in the original kit was stock other than the three-two setup; shouldn't be a big deal to tweak the files to make it a stock 292. 

Thanks, Chris. I did not know that the kit had a Ford Engine. Looked like a 283 Small Block to me. Hard to tell from the drawings in the instruction exactly what the engine is. (at least for me)

I still think we might end up with the blanking plate, but I sure would like to be proven wrong.

60 Ford PU is definitely on my to buy list when they come out. At least 3 or more for me.
My wish list would be complete if they were able to find the tooling or clone the 62 Ford Galaxie along with either the 67 or 68 Galaxie's.

I will say for now that there is an AMT 1407 kit coming but I'm not revealing any further details about it yet.  I will have an official announcement and a built 3D printed mockup on display at the DAAM show near Detroit coming up in about two weeks. You'll have all your answers about it then. 

I also plan to reveal at least two more un-announced items in April at NNL East that I think are just as good.  

-Steve

Edited by SteveG
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Interesting note, if you want a more detailed chassis to put under the 1960 Ford Pickup, I've used the one from AMT 1953 Ford F100.  Of course the wheelbase would have to be lengthened for the long box used with the original AMT kit #1360, but you can use just the 1960 cab assembly and the 1953 short box Flareside box.  Modelhaus used to offer just cab conversions for the '57 and '60 Ford F100 for just this purpose.  The Modelhaus cabs would literally drop on the AMT '53 chassis and pickup box.

A.J. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Which 67 Chevelle is best? AMT's or Revell's?

Revell's. I built and reviewed them both when they first appeared in the early '90s and comparing them side-by-side, the Revell is more accurate in every way.  In fact, it's one of Revell's best kits EVER IMHO. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SteveG said:

I will say for now that there is an AMT 1407 kit coming but I'm not revealing any further details about it yet.  I will have an official announcement and a built 3D printed mockup on display at the DAAM show near Detroit coming up in about two weeks. You'll have all your answers about it then. 

I also plan to reveal at least two more un-announced items in April at NNL East that I think are just as good.  

-Steve

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to this truck kit. BTW, I love the 64 Olds that was produced. I'm hoping for a rehash of the 66 Skylark in stock form...please please pretty please Round2.

• Like 3