Model Cars Magazine Forum

New AMT kits

gasman

Good to see the 1970 Wildcat coming back.

Don't think I previously heard about the '59 Cadillac ambulance w/ gurney.  Guessing that's the AMT tool that was last issued as the Surf Shark.  Wonder if they've tooled up factory stock Caddy wheelcovers and a correct rear bumper?  To pass as a correct "factory stock" ambulance, it really needs those items.

Guessing the '66 Galaxie "Sweet Bippy" box art will mimic the original quite closely:

66-Galaxie-1.jpg

66-Galaxie-2.jpg

66-Galaxie-3.jpg

• Like 1

If you thought the Nova wagons sold well, just wait for that Ford pickup to hit the shelves.

I'll grab one along with a Wildcat and another Fleetline. I like the Fleetlines.

The GTOs, 2021 Bronco, GMT400 trucks are also on the list.

AMT Is getting some good stuff out. The Charger is outstanding. I plan to start that, and if all goes well, have it ready for NNL-East.

Charlie Larkin

19 hours ago, SteveG said:

I will say for now that there is an AMT 1407 kit coming but I'm not revealing any further details about it yet.  I will have an official announcement and a built 3D printed mockup on display at the DAAM show near Detroit coming up in about two weeks. You'll have all your answers about it then. 

I also plan to reveal at least two more un-announced items in April at NNL East that I think are just as good.  

-Steve

Maybe those rumored Pro Stock kit rereleases are more fact than fiction!?

On 3/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, gasman said:

found these online 

AMT-1407 1/25 1960 Ford F100 Pickup Truck w/Trailer
AMT-1394 1/25 International Transtar 4300 Eagle Sprite Tractor Cab
AMT-1398 1/25 1966 Buick Skylark Modified Stocker Race Car
AMT-1425 1/20 1992 Toyota 4x4 Pickup Truck

AMT-1366 1/25 1964 Dodge 330
AMT-1388 1/25 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396

59 ambulance ??

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Likely based on the recent Surf Shark, which is itself a reworked Ghostbusters Ecto-1

That was my thought too. The Surf Shark was (on the outside at least) a stock '59 Caddy Ambulance. Not the Miller/Meteor style we are used to but a stock Caddy, none the less. New Interior & Parts/New Wheel Covers/New Decals= New Stock Cadillac Ambulance. 

Of course, I could be completely wrong! 

Round2 could have taken one of the two Ghostbuster Caddy kits they have and re-tooled it to stock configuration.

Either way, we modelers Win!

I recall when the Surf Shark was released that a modified version was hinted at, a stock ambulance.  The Surf Shark is mostly the Ectomobile trimmed down.  New roof flasher lights are included and those appear to be stock Miller-Meteor units.  Note that Miller-Meteor offered their hearses and ambulances in different models, so you will have some leeway in configuring your build.  Time will tell if Round2 has changed the interior bucket this time around.

13 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Likely based on the recent Surf Shark, which is itself a reworked Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Yeah I had already figured out that part, when I saw the "Surf Shark." I was hoping that a stock 59 ambulance could be in the works. That seems to be the trend these days, as far as reworking old molds and/or adding new parts to an old kit (as opposed to making a completely new kit). Even so, this will be a huge seller. No domestic kit manufacturer has produced a car based ambulance since the Johan Caddy. Of course I see a hearse coming from this down the road.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

I have an almost Mint set of those decals. Now I know what they are from. I had not known what they were for.

Thanks!

There was a brand new sheet included in this kit.

Funny thing is about 20 years ago I had all the parts gathered up to build the '57 " Judge" but after a new house move and 3 floods I lost track of all the parts  ,, but I do have that new decal sheet now. 🙄

Amt The Judge '69 GTO Funny Car Model King Hammer Slammer 1/25 Model Kit  #15248 | eBay

7 hours ago, sfhess said:

"Here Comes the Judge" T-bird will go great with the "Sweet Bippy" Galaxie.

Indeed yes. 

If you are old enough to remember "Laugh-in" (1968-1973)

P.S. I was 10 in 1973, so I barely remember the show.

• Like 1