Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell spray chrome test.

Can-Con

32 minutes ago, Claes Ericsson said:

I've tried it and I'm pretty happy with the results. This is over primer on a '58 Imperial bumper. Disclaimer, I've handled it a bit and that works but I have yet to see how it stands up to detailing....

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

All the results I saw online looked fine, but it doesn't like clear coat, so a black wash for a grille is a no no too, a pity, but doesn't mean the product doesn't has strong points and use in our wonderful hobby.

54 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

The 6oz. size is $169.00; but, it's a better deal than the rattle can because it's all product. You're not paying for propellant which comprises a good percentage of the volume in an aerosol can. Airbrushing allows you more precise control and greatly reduces product waste in terms of overspray. Plus, unlike an aerosol, you can always pour any unused EC back into the container.

Joe, I did not start this thread as a comparison of chrome products. 

I don't give a flying fig about the other products. I only started this to show the stuff as many people wanted to know what it looked like.

I now wish I hadn't even bothered. 

This is definitely the last time I EVER do a post like this. From now on I'll just do my thing and keep it to myself.

This has gone so off-topic in my view that I'm seriously thinking about having a moderator remove the whole thread.

• Sad 1

I for one am glad that you started this thread. I'm considering buying a can if my LHS still has it available. I do not understand why individuals have to post about their not liking a product or process. Possibly a moderator(s) can just delete all of the off topic / irrelevant posts instead of deleting the whole thread.

I have been intrigued by the Revell Chrome spray- have tried a number of the alternatives, and will probably grab a can to experiment with when it becomes available locally.

FWIW, I believe there is some worth to leaving your thread intact.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I think deleting it is a little ridiculous, and it's nice to see the different options.

This thread was not about different options, it was about the Revell Spray Chrome. You want options, go revive one of the long beaten up threads on the subject or make a new one about different options. 

This proves once again how easy this board gets derailed by anything. I am sure this thread will end with a comparison of Mopar hubcaps. as per usual, or why the Revell Mustang has not shown up yet. 

Thanks to Steve, and others, for showing their results with the product. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

This thread was not about different options, it was about the Revell Spray Chrome. 

This is why i have been following this topic.

Edited by von Zipper

Going off topic in a thread on a modeling forum seems like a really poor reason for anyone to get upset. Get up, go outside and try some fresh air. Or, read the news and see what happens when people start arguing about things that mean nothing in the long run.

To quote Bill Murray, "It just doesn't matter!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

This thread was not about different options, it was about the Revell Spray Chrome. You want options, go revive one of the long beaten up threads on the subject or make a new one about different options. 

This proves once again how easy this board gets derailed by anything. I am sure this thread will end with a comparison of Mopar hubcaps. as per usual, or why the Revell Mustang has not shown up yet. 

First off I disagree with deleting this thread as the information is very b useful.

The problem with people hijacking the thread is it makes it difficult to get the information presented about the Revell chrome. 

Before you decide to hijack a thread to add off topic information at least ask the original poster if they object. If they do then start another thread titled to suit the subject matter.  Shouldn't be that hard to extend a little courtesy to the op.

• Like 2

We chatted, and I'm not deleting this thread because there is some good info, and some good examples of what the Revell chrome can do.

But some people really need to think before posting. 

That's great that your method works awesome for you. Wonderful. Super. Congratulations.

But that's not the point of this thread. This thread is about the new Revell chrome spray. It is not about airbrushing or what other brands work for you. 

I don't think people would be impressed if they posted an Under Glass thread about a Mustang they built, and then had people post pics of their Camaros, explaining how they were great too.

Thread hijacking is not cool, and just makes you look like a donkey.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

We chatted, and I'm not deleting this thread because there is some good info, and some good examples of what the Revell chrome can do.

But some people really need to think before posting. 

That's great that your method works awesome for you. Wonderful. Super. Congratulations.

But that's not the point of this thread. This thread is about the new Revell chrome spray. It is not about airbrushing or what other brands work for you. 

I don't think people would be impressed if they posted an Under Glass thread about a Mustang they built, and then had people post pics of their Camaros, explaining how they were great too.

Thread hijacking is not cool, and just makes you look like a donkey.

Thanks Dan. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

This topic could have been posted under Model Building Questions and Answers but probably wouldn't have been seen by most forum members.  Maybe a category could be added to review new products?

14 hours ago, oldr-n-drt said:

new video has been posted on you tube...barbatos rex...spray can an airbrushing revell chrom...airbrushing spray can chrom- is there a differance?  good bit of knowlage... check it out..... oldr-n-drt

Edited by Daddyfink
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oldr-n-drt said:

that isnot the newest video i was talking about........look for...airbrushing spray can chrome-is there a difference? oldr-n-drt

Oh, this one. I have never seen his vids, so I just grabbed the first one that said Revell Chrome on it. But, here you go. Thanks to Steve for starting this thread, and I hope it is cool that I am trying to add more info to it. 

• Like 1