Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upcoming late '23-early '24 Revell releases

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

Same old same old I'd assume.. probably a rebox of this oldie.. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-85-0806-76-chevy-street-pick-up--1005701

Thanks for the info. I'll pass on this one. Trying to build copies of past vehicles I have owned. I'll have to convert the Stepside Sport truck that they issued as a 4x4 and change it to 2wd. 

I'd seen these listed at Stevens and it's really such good news. Almost to the letter these are all high on my "I need these back in regular stock rotation" list for my shelves particularly the '68 Firebird, the '64 Impala lowrider, the '32 Ford Sedan, the '57 Bel Air, and the '57 Ford Wagon. The new tool C8 Corvette Coupe and having the Bronco half-cab available separately from the Dune Buggy combo are also pretty big scores. 

All that remains is finding out what alternate parts we'll see such as if the '57 Ford Wagon will have the gasser parts in the box. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing the 1980 Ford Dually is an old snap kit. If it is what I think is is, it's a shortbed , Flareside, with possible 4WD,

Fabrux's history of Revell Ford Pickups might list it.

I'm stoked about the CJ-7 Kit. Not sure how their going to get 3'n'1 out of it though? 

Boxart Ford 6-Wheeler Pickup 6415 Revell

22 hours ago, espo said:

Would like to know more about the '76 Chevrolet Street pickup. Wonder what if any additions are being made on the '57 Ford Wagon. 

Additions to the '57 would not be my concern, corrections would be. I highly doubt it though.

Edited by Sledsel

5 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

Sure hope the RMX-4551 1/25 '57 Chevy Bel Air is the Two-Door (post) Sedan kit...

otherwise I'm out...

D_NQ_NP_630564-MLB50990848105_082022-O.jpg

It would almost have to be, the older 60s era '57 Chevy is over at Atlantis now, and the SnapTite kit was reissued in 2019 and is still in the active catalog. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Very interested in the C8 Corvette. Being a brand new tool, I'm hoping they did it justice with full detail and Tamiya-levels for quality.

Yeah I'm hoping they don't wimp out and just go for another snap kit like some of their past subjects (Ford Raptor, 6th gen Mustang).

49 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Nothing blows me away.......may need one of these.........Has the R roll pan been in a RM kit before???

paintday57.JPG

46 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Pretty sure the previous issues of the GT350R had it..

Indeed, cuz every factory stock Mustang since then has a piece taken out of the body, beneath the grille.

• Like 1